Mercer is a globally recognized leader in human capital and benefits consulting and Mercer's Region Market Development (RMD) ensures that Mercer brings its full scope consulting capabilities in helping employers solve some of their most critical challenges in healthcare, financial security, and career development. RMD is comprised of Sales Professionals and Client Relationship Managers within Mercer.
These professionals work very closely with our prospects and clients regarding their HR and People strategies delivering advice and technology-driven solutions that help organizations meet the health, wealth and career needs of a changing workforce.
As a Region Market Development Intern, you will work closely with senior sales professionals and relationship managers in the pursuit of new clients, in ensuring cross line of business communication is ongoing, and that market capabilities promotional pieces are updated and ready for client presentation. Our stimulating and learning-filled environment will help you build strong relationships with your colleagues and our clients. It will also provide an excellent opportunity to see global consultancy in action.
A Region Market Development Intern can expect to:
Qualified candidates for a Region Market Development Intern position will have
- Develop an awareness of Mercer's consulting expertise and client development methods.
- Conduct research on client companies using external published sources and Mercer internal information.
- Help write and structure client communications, including proposals, reports, spreadsheets and presentations.
- Support Mercer's sales process by ensuring cross line of business communication is ongoing, keeping activities log up-to-date, and ensuring that the client relationship management system is updated with all new opportunities and activities.
- Provide analytical support on key projects related to sales, revenue, and pipeline analysis
- Become familiar with the CRM (client relationship system) and other tools to help maintain pipeline hygiene and conduct research. These tools include: Salesforce, LinkedIn, Sales Navigator, ZoomInfo, MiEdge, and Factiva, among others.
- Support Relationship Manager/Office Leader by developing marketing plans and external client marketing events for the office; Help in the planning and execution of client and prospect events through lead qualification and conversion, contact research, and maintenance of master invite lists.
- Progress towards a bachelor's degree in PR, communications, marketing, business, management, business-related areas.
- Minimum GPA of 3.0/4.0.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong project management skills.
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office - Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Experience using SalesForce a strong plus.
- Experience using LinkedIn Sales Navigator a strong plus.
- Ability to work independently or in a team environment with rapidly changing priorities and demands.
- Strong business acumen paired with intellectual curiosity.
To be eligible for consideration, candidates must be authorized to work in the United States. Please note that at this time, the Company does not intend to sponsor work visas with respect to these positions or to provide these positions as OPT or CPT.COMPANY PROFILE: Mercer
Mercer is a global consulting leader helping clients around the world advance the health, wealth, and performance of their most vital asset - their people. Clients include a majority of the companies in the Fortune 1000 and FTSE 100, as well as medium- and small-market organizations and government entities.
As a global force of more than 22,000 unique individuals whose mission is to enhance the health, wealth and careers of more than 110 million people worldwide, we are united by a single idea - to make lives better tomorrow through the actions we take today. Mercer's more than 22,000 employees are based in 43 countries and the firm operates in over 130 countries.
Built on a history of industry leadership that began more than 70 years ago, Mercer helps organizations leverage the power of their people to achieve peak company performance. We work with clients today on current business issues: meeting the challenges of globalization, responding to emerging skill shortages and driving top-line revenue growth. We design strategies that link executive compensation to business goals, manage escalating benefit and pension costs while preserving employee engagement, and deliver on the expectations sought in mergers and acquisitions by successfully integrating diverse workforces. Working with chief executives and HR leaders, our consultants help leverage clients' greatest resource - their employees.
Mercer is in a unique position to help our clients achieve the extraordinary - and extraordinary results require extraordinary people. If you thrive on challenge, are passionate about ideas, love solving problems and truly enjoy connecting with people, we encourage you to explore the career opportunities available through Mercer. Our competitive programs, entrepreneurial spirit and team-oriented culture offer a richly rewarding and exciting environment where you can excel and achieve your personal goals.
To learn more about Mercer, visit us at www.mercer.com/college.
Mercer is a wholly owned subsidiary of Marsh & McLennan Companies (NYSE: MMC), the leading global professional services firm in the areas of risk, strategy and people. With more than 60,000 colleagues and annual revenue over $13 billion, Marsh & McLennan helps clients navigate an increasingly dynamic and complex environment.
Marsh & McLennan Companies is also the parent company of Marsh, which advises individual and commercial clients of all sizes on insurance broking and innovative risk management solutions; Guy Carpenter, which develops advanced risk, reinsurance and capital strategies that help clients grow profitably and pursue emerging opportunities; and Oliver Wyman, which serves as a critical strategic, economic and brand advisor to private sector and governmental clients. For more information, visit www.mercer.com. Follow Mercer on Twitter @Mercer.
We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity.
Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliates are EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employers.
This is ainternship starting in January 2023.
The applicable hourly rate for this role is $25/hr.
The hourly rate offered will be determined on factors such as experience, skills, training, location, certifications, and education. Decisions will be determined on a case-by-case basis.
This internship is over-time eligible.