A Rapid Responder participates as a temporary member of an emergency response team conducting tasks related to Emergency Response, Environmental Response, Infectious Disease Response, and a variety of unique situations. A Rapid Responder is deployed as needed and may be assigned to a wide range of tasks including air, water, or soil sampling, meteorological monitoring, asset tracking, logistics support, safety support, data collection and maintenance, administrative functions, or other tasks as needed. All roles require proficiency in handheld smart devices for managing data and records. A Rapid Responder may assist in conducting research or performing investigations to identify sources of pollutants or hazards that affect either the environment or the health of a designated population. A Rapid Responder must be available for emergency response and frequent, extended travel. A Rapid Responder can be located anywhere within the contiguous United States.
Vaccination against Covid-19 is strongly preferred. All employees will be subject to policies and procedures of the Company that may be dependent on vaccination status.
Job Type: Part-time/temporary
Project Pay Rate: $25.00 - $30.00 per hour.
Limited Project Pay Rate: $19.00 - $24.00 per hour.
Training Pay Rate: $15.00 per hour or other applicable local minimum wage.
Potential extensive overtime opportunities at 1.5 or higher pay multipliers.
• Participate on projects related to emergency response, environmental response, risk assessment, toxicology, industrial hygiene, disaster recovery, and infectious disease response.
• Immediate availability for frequent extended travel and emergency response as needed for periods lasting typically up to 30 days.
• Ability to handle a large volume of work and perform multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
• Long hours involving overtime and weekends as necessary.
• Independently read instruments and record measurements.
• Independently prepare chain-of-custody for environmental samples.
• Ability to drive noncommercial vehicles.
• Sitting, standing, and walking.
• Lifting equipment and supplies up to 50 pounds.
• Bending, stooping, crawling, and climbing ladders.
• Ability to read effectively from a computer screen, sampling device, and paper sources.
• Will be assigned varying shifts including overnight shifts.
• May work in a setting with potential physical, chemical, and biological hazards.
• May work on waterways, sea, or air.
• May work outdoors exposed to hot and cold environments and extreme weather conditions including but not limited to: sunlight, rain, snow, windy conditions.
• Encounter environments presenting physical hazards including uneven ground, standing water, ditches, dusty conditions, rapidly moving transportation/remediation equipment, and physical stress associated with the wear of personal protective equipment.
• May wear half-face and/or full-face air purifying respirator (APR). Rarely wear supplied air respirators in the form of Self-Contained Breathing Apparatus (SCBA) and hose supplied respirator with medical clearance as required under 29 CFR 1910.134.
• Dress out in physically demanding personal protective equipment (PPE) for site entry at HAZWOPER sites as required under 29 CFR 1910.120.
• Rarely may work shifts of up to 24 hours in duration.
* Perfrom other duties as assigned.
• Minimum high school diploma or equivalent required.
• Functional or higher computer literacy skills in a Windows-based environment required.
• Experience in any branch of the armed forces desirable.
• Experience and/or proficiency with industrial hygiene equipment desirable.
• Experience using air and environmental sampling equipment desirable.
• Relevant experience in emergency response, environmental response, construction management, etc., desirable.
• Must be a minimum of 21 years of age.
• Must possess a current valid, unrestricted driver's license.
• Ability to pass a company-supplied pre-employment physical and annual physicals thereafter which include an illicit drug screen.
• Ability to pass a Respirator Fit Test and be medically cleared and certified to work in HAZWOPER sites as required under 29 CFR 1910.120.
• Ability to complete HAZWOPER certification and related safety training.
• Ability to obtain DISA clearance.
• Ability to obtain TWIC clearance.
• Ability to complete all assigned job specific OSHA training and clearances (including annual training renewals) to ensure continuous response readiness.
• Ability to obtain a passport and travel internationally.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Add your resume to our resume database that can be searched by employers looking to hire!
Stay up to date with job alerts! Customize your alerts based on a specific area, category and receive weekly updates!
Posted about 3 hours ago
Santa Rosa, California
Posted about 3 hours ago
Harwood Heights, Illinois
Posted about 3 hours ago