How do you manufacture the world's cleanest alloy steel? How do you help your customers push the bounds of what's possible? With a smart and passionate team of people who are focused on a strong set of core values, on giving their best every day, and who are proud of the contributions they're making to our company and community. People who want to make a difference.
Purpose and Scope
Reporting to the Plant Manager, the Quality Manager provides strategy and direction to the quality systems, is accountable for all functions relating to quality, inspection, certification, documentation, customer quality/warranty issues and system approvals for the St. Clair Plant in the most cost-effective, value-added manner consistent with our customer and shareholder needs. Managing the quality department, this role provides leadership in problem solving, corrective and preventive actions, internal process improvement through statistical and process controls, and internal and external audit assessments.
- Develop and drive plant-level strategy to improve the St. Clair Plant quality management system and associated KPI's (e.g. complaints, cost of non-conformance, etc.)
- Set and implement team goals aligned with company and site values, mission, and strategic objectives.
- Collect, analyze, and report data regarding customer complaints, internal rejections, supplier defects, receiving inspection results, cost of nonconformance, quality system indicators, and customer hardware/certification issues. Communicate meaningful information/intelligence derived from this data and use the results to verify effectiveness and drive improvement of the organizations performance.
- Plant expert on gauging, inspection and statistical technology, and quality management systems.
- Manage customer quality audits and surveys. Lead all process and product launches and maintain proper levels of support for existing processes.
- Develop and maintain effective IATF quality system audit program, plan training and qualification of auditors, plan and assure completion of audits as required, timely reporting of findings, understanding of key control characteristics in the business as well as performing coaching activities by suggesting possible solutions to ensure compliance to stated requirements.
- Collaborate with Sales, Met Quality Assurance and Business Quality Assurance Management on the interpretation and development of procedures necessary to understand and meet customer requirements.
- Function as management representative for Quality Systems and maintain up to date knowledge of primary quality system standards. Function as customer representative to interpret and communicate customer requirements throughout relevant areas of the business and to determine appropriate and cost-effective ways to meet the requirements.
- Demonstrate a true 'shop floor presence'. Work closely with line operators and engineering to understand the current state. Initiate, lead, and maintain defect prevention and correction action programs based upon structured problem-solving efforts to improve Quality performance (5 why, is / is not, Six Sigma, Shainin tools etc.)
- Encourage and support employee participation in the resolution of product quality problems, implement employee recognition, and promote culture of continuous improvement and process control. Provides leadership, mentoring, evaluation and development of the quality engineer and quality technicians.
Bachelor degree in Engineering or a Technical Field with 9 years of experience in engineering quality systems or quality management systems.
Certification of lead auditor for ISO90001 or IATF quality systems. Preferred Qualifications
Master degree in Business or Engineering with 9 years of experience in engineering quality systems or quality management systems.
Bachelor degree in Engineering or a Technical Field with 14 years of experience in engineering quality systems or quality management systems.
Green belt or black belt certification.
Relocation is offered.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
#CB Nearest Major Market:
Dayton Nearest Secondary Market:
This job has expired.