At Saputo, our best comes from our people. We're a talented and caring team with a longstanding history of excellence.Since our first days delivering cheese on a bicycle, we've grown into a leading global dairy processor by staying true to the culture that defines us. Each of our employees is committed to uphold our tradition of care, quality, and passion through food, and together, we foster an environment where we can all make contributions that matter-from our manufacturing plants to our office locations and everywhere in-between.
How you will make contributions that matter...
You are best suited for the role if you have...
- Responsible for supporting plants (locations to be determined) in Quality Assurance and Food Safety.
- Provide leadership, direction, and guidance to Operations by understanding regulatory, customer and internal Saputo quality/food safety requirements.
- Provide support for Quality Assurance systems to satisfy internal and customer requirements during the conversion of raw materials to finished product.
- Provide support for Quality Assurance systems including the following:
- Process Evaluation and Product Protection Programs
- FSMA Compliance
- Construction Plans
- Food Safety Plan/HACCP Training and Implementation
- Product Storage and Distribution
- Sanitation Program
- Hold Program
- Product Testing and Review
- Mock Trace Program and Requirements
- Product Safety Incident Report Program and Product disposition
- Internal and External Audit Support
- Environmental Microbiological Monitoring Programs
- Regulatory Compliance
- Working and collaborating with other support functions such as Sanitation, Engineering, Transportation, Warehousing, Tech Services, etc.
- Mentoring Quality Assurance Specialist
- Develop and manage travel budgets
- Lead problem-solving efforts through the facilitation of team meetings and on-the-floor leadership to effectively influence positive change and continuous improvement.
- Communicate frequently with Sales and Customer Service to be proactive in satisfying customer requirements.
- Professional and pro-active relationship with Saputo customers and management
- Frequent travel is required with overnight stays.
- Perform miscellaneous duties and responsibilities as deemed appropriate and necessary.
We support and care for our employees by providing them with...
- Bachelor's Degree in Microbiology, Food Science or related field. Equivalent experience will be considered.
- Minimum of five (5) years Quality related experience in the Dairy industry.
- Operational knowledge is beneficial in both a manufacturing environment as well as conversion
- Experience with cheese and/or dairy powders.
- Working knowledge of regulatory requirements (i.e. FDA, USDA, State, etc.)
- Strong understanding of Plant QA systems (i.e. HACCP, Environmental Pathogen Monitoring, Pest Control, etc.)
- Ability to exercise judgment and discretion in establishing and maintaining good working relationships with all levels of employees as well as internal and external customers.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, draw valid conclusions and provide solutions.
- Ability to influence and drive positive change.
- Ability to work in a team environment as well as independently with good time management.
- Must possess strong leadership, communication and organizational skills.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and meet deadlines.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and SAP, etc.
- Development opportunities that enhance you career fulfillment.
- Meaningful compensation & benefits that help you care for your family.
- Opportunities to contribute to your community and enhance the lives of others through Saputo products.
Saputo is among the top three cheese producers in the USA and one of the largest producers of extended shelf-life and cultured dairy products. We have a diversified product portfolio with well-known retail brands, such as Friendship Dairies, Frigo Cheese, Montchevre, Stella and Treasure Cave, and a strong foodservice presence, partnering with chain restaurants and broadline distributors. Thanks to our countrywide footprint and national and international distribution networks, we're proud to bring our best to our customers and, consumers and have plenty of opportunities for our employees to grow in their own way. And we do it while also striving to build a healthier future for our people and the communities where we operate, guided by our values and the Saputo Promise. To learn more about Saputo in the USA, please click here. (http://saputo.com/en/our-products/usa-sector)
Join the Saputo Dairy USA team to make your contributions matter every day!
Saputo Cheese USA Inc. and Saputo Dairy Foods USA, LLC endeavors to make CareersUSA.Saputo.com accessible to all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact Human Resources at 214-863-2300 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. This contact information is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
Saputo Cheese USA Inc. and Saputo Dairy Foods USA, LLC are equal opportunity employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. If you'd like more information on your EEO rights under law, please visit www.EEOC.gov.
To review the Saputo Cheese USA Inc. and Saputo Dairy Foods USA LLC Privacy Notice for California applicants, please visit our Corporate website associated section by clicking here (English) or here (Spanish).