Collaboration drives Nordson's success as a market leader in Industrial Precision Solutions and Advanced Technology. Our employees thrive in an environment where we help each other reach our personal best and enable our company to continuously improve and grow, and our customers to succeed. You will find Nordson employees sharing our success by giving back in the communities around the world where we live and work.
Nordson Industrial Coating Systems (ICS) designs equipment our global customers rely on for the precise application and curing of liquid paint, powder finishes, container barrier coatings and ambient temperature adhesives and sealants. Production lines work smarter with custom engineered robotic solutions from Nordson Industrial Coating Systems.
The Purchasing Agent strengthens the manufacturing process by developing the supply chain and supporting processes to exceed customer expectations. They are responsible for the Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) for a specified commodity grouping. They are also responsible for supplier relationships and performance, cost and contract management, and customer satisfaction.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Measurable Objectives:
- Supplier Performance Management - Quality and On-Time Delivery
- Plan for every part - Supplier Contracts, Supplier Managed Inventory, Consignment
- Cost Management and Cost Savings
- Supplier Consolidation
- ECO and Product Development Support
Education and Experience
- Daily activities:
- Supplier relationship development & management
- Schedule Agreement Contract creation & management
- Cost management and achieving reduction targets
- Sourcing and design support of new products with cross-functional teams
- Project management
- All other duties as assigned
Skills and Abilities
- Bachelor's degree in supply chain management, business, logistics or a related field is required.
- Minimum of five years of supply chain experience is required.
Working Environment and Physical Demands
- Demonstrated experience in negotiating, planning, and analysis.
- Ability to understand and communicate basic engineered drawings and specifications.
- Detail-oriented, self-starter with strong organizational skills.
- Demonstrated ability to develop effective processes and drive results.
- Ability to influence to secure resources and drive changes.
- Ability to multi-task and work collaboratively as well as independently.
- Proficient with MS Office applications: Power BI, Word, PowerPoint, Excel, SharePoint.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to speak effectively at any level.
- Demonstrate implementation project plans and schedules.
- Able to effectively and promptly problem solve.
- Prior experience/knowledge of Lean Manufacturing is preferred.
- Experience in SAP a plus.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.Travel Required
Nordson Corporation provides equal employment opportunity to all applicants and employees. No person is to be discriminated against in any aspect of the employment relationship due to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, citizenship status, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. All employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of our pre-employment drug screening and background/criminal check, consistent with applicable laws.Third party recruiters and agencies should not contact employees of Nordson or its subsidiaries directly. Any resumes sent to a hiring manager or submitted to Nordson employees are considered unsolicited and property of Nordson. Nordson will not pay a placement fee unless the agency or recruiter has a signed contract with Nordson's Human Resources department in advance of submitting a candidate for consideration. Verbal and written approvals will not be considered a valid contract for service.
This job has expired.