Overview / Responsibilities
We are seeking a highly motivated and experienced Oilfield Lease Operator to join our team. The successful candidate will be responsible for the daily operation and maintenance of oil and gas wells, facilities, and equipment on assigned leases. The ideal candidate should have a strong understanding of the oil and gas industry, and a proven track record of safe and efficient operations.
Location: Kenedy, TX - local candidates within 60 miles are preferred.
Schedule: Work schedule: 12 hr shift, rotating day/night 7 on/7 off (rotation typically runs Wed - Tues; 48hrs/36hrs)
Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K + company match, PTO/Vacation and holiday, company truck + gas card
Other: All offers are contingent upon clearing a full drug screen, clean background and motor vehicle history report
- Monitor and control oil and gas production from assigned leases to ensure maximum efficiency and profitability.
- Conduct routine inspections of well sites, facilities, and equipment to ensure proper operation and maintenance.
- Monitor and maintain accurate records of production, injection, and operating data for all wells.
- Maintain and repair production equipment, including pumps, separators, and pipelines.
- Ensure compliance with all federal, state, and local regulations and guidelines related to oil and gas production.
- Coordinate with third-party service providers to ensure the safe and efficient completion of well maintenance and repair activities.
- Respond to emergency situations, such as spills or equipment malfunctions, in a timely and effective manner.
- Communicate with supervisors, co-workers, and other stakeholders to ensure a smooth and efficient operation.
- Monitor gauges and flow meters to ensure that tank levels, temperatures, chemical amounts, and pressure are at specified levels, reporting abnormalities as necessary.
- Record operating data such as products and quantities pumped, stocks used, gauging results, and operating times.
- Communicate with other workers, using signals, radios, or telephones, to start and stop flows of materials or substances.
- Tend vessels that store substances such as gases, liquids, slurries, or powdered materials, checking levels of substances by using calibrated rods or by reading mercury gauges and tank charts.
- Turn valves and start pumps to start or regulate flows of substances such as gases, liquids, slurries, or powdered materials.
- Plan the movement of products through lines to processing, storage, and shipping units, utilizing knowledge of interconnections and capacities of pipelines, valve manifolds, pumps, and tanks.
- Read operating schedules or instructions or receive verbal orders to determine amounts to be pumped.
- Clean, lubricate, and repair pumps and vessels, using hand tools and equipment.
- Collect and deliver sample solutions for laboratory analysis.
- Connect hoses and pipelines to pumps and vessels prior to material transfer, using hand tools.
Skills / Qualifications
- 3-5 years of experience as a Pump Operator.
- Experience with Gas Lift, ESP Artificial Lift, SCADA preferred
Knowledge of relevant equipment, policies, procedures, and strategies to promote effective local, state, or national security operations for the protection of people, data, property, and institutions.
- Knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance.
- Knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture and distribution of goods.
- Knowledge of circuit boards, processors, chips, electronic equipment, and computer hardware and software, including applications and programming.
- Good knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
- Knowledge of principles and methods for curriculum and training design, teaching and instruction for individuals and groups, and the measurement of training effects.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering, helping to unlock solutions to critical challenges in energy and materials markets. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in 60 countries, employing around 35,000 people. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
This job has expired.