ALS provides a broad range of testing and analytical services to a wide variety of end markets and industries around the globe. We continue to remain at the forefront of the testing services industry, building an enviable reputation. ALS provides a diversified line of independent analytical services to a wide range of top-tier customers in the pharmaceutical, nutraceutical, environmental, and food industries. Our diverse laboratories perform routine and specialty analytical testing for compliance, safety, certification and verification purposes.
The primary purpose of this position will be responsible for all facets of managing and coordinating projects through detailed customer interaction, and summarizing that information correctly and timely to the laboratory through many avenues of communication.
Successful Candidate must have sales and marketing skills and will be expected to spend 25% of their time focusing on this role.
- Client Responsibilities
- Establish a working relationship with client.
- Identify client's analytical needs and how the lab can address these needs.
- Plan analytical program to meet these needs.
- Keep client informed of progress of work.
- Report findings and results back to client.
- Communicate client concerns/issues to lab management.
- Keep client informed of new developments and lab services.
- Provides quotations and job specifications for specific work.
- Project Responsibilities
- Work with client and lab to define project specifications. Communicate project schedule to lab.
- Work with Sample Control (SC) to ensure proper type and number of media/supplies containers are provided.
- Review incoming work to ensure work requests are properly specified according to project requirements.
- Track as required projects through the lab keeping client and lab personnel appraised of progress.
- Prepare, review, and approve invoices for specific work orders.
- Reporting and QA/QC Responsibilities:
- Ensure consistent reporting formats for clients.
- Review reported data against historical results for consistency.
- Responsible for meeting QA objectives for specified projects.
- Approves certified analytical reports.
- Brings problems or issues relative to work to the QA Coordinator, Lab Operations, or Lab Management for study and resolution.
- At times may be involved with QAP development.
- May participate in specific marketing activities (i.e., trade show booths), if appropriate.
- Identifies and communicates to management on new marketing opportunities and other issues.
- Works closely with SC, Lab Operations, QA/QC, and administrative staff to keep everyone informed as appropriate on client issues and projects.
Qualifications Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor degree in Chemistry with 5+ years of experience in a analytical laboratory operations.
- Certified Industrial hygienist (CIH) accreditation a plus.
- Able to speak and hear clearly while communicating with staff, management, and clients.
- Able to sit, and /or stand for 100% of an 8 hour day.
- Dexterity in hands and fingers to operate computer and other equipment.
- Must have average vision and able to see to read reports and operate equipment.
We would like to thank everyone for their interest in ALS but only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
"ALS is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to achieving and maintaining a workforce which reflects and affirms the diversity of our society"
ALS is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
EOE AA Minority, Female, Veteran, Individuals with Disabilities
Click Here to view the EEO is the Law poster
Click Here to view the FMLA Law poster
Click Here to view the EPPA Law Poster
Click Here to view the Pay Transparency Provision
Click Here to view company E-Verify Participation Poster