Thornton Tomasetti provides engineering design, investigation and analysis services to clients worldwide on projects of every size and level of complexity. We are a growing 1500+ person firm with 10 practices: Structural Engineering, Forensics, Applied Science, Renewal, Resilience, Construction Engineering, Protective Design and Security, Facade Engineering, Sustainability and Transportation. We work on everything from landmark buildings to small-scale specialty structures, from the historic to the high performing, while balancing multiple objectives, including form, function, schedule, sustainability, constructability and budget. TALENT is at the core of our business.
Our Structural Engineering practice collaborates with architects, building owners and builders to design elegant solutions for projects of all types, sizes and levels of complexity. From designing the world's tallest buildings and longest spans to engineering inventive "jewel-box" structures and designing major expansion projects, we continually seek the best balance among the demands of form, function, sustainability, constructability, schedule and budget.
We have an opportunity for a Project Engineer to join our Structural Practice. Candidates for the Structural Engineer position should have experience in medium to large size projects such as cultural buildings, office buildings, health care and research facility design, and tenant renovation work preferably in a consulting engineering firm environment.
· Assist in the direction, coordination, planning, organization, integration, and completion of engineering projects within area of assigned responsibility.
· Communicate with clients to understand project requirements.
· Plan and formulate engineering program and organize project staff according to project requirements.
· Perform analysis and design of structural systems for all types of buildings and materials using various building codes.
· Manage other design team members and supervise the work of engineers and draft persons.
· Direct project staff in preparing contract documents, such as drawings and specifications.
· Bachelor's degree in Engineering or Architecture. Master's degree preferred.
· Professional Engineer and/or SE License preferred.
· Ability and willingness to travel within the US and internationally.
Thornton Tomasetti is proud to be an equal employment workplace. Individuals seeking employment at Thornton Tomasetti are considered without regards to age, ancestry, color, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, protected family care or medical leave status, race, religion (including beliefs and practices or the absence thereof), sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
(US Locations Only) In our culture of collaboration and innovation, we find we do our best work when we are together while minimizing the risks of COVID-19. For new hires at Thornton Tomasetti, we require COVID-19 vaccination to the extent allowed by access and permitted by government jurisdiction in your area and barring any religious or medically approved exemption.
Please access the linked document by clicking here, select the country where you are applying for employment, and review. Before submitting your application you will be asked to confirm your agreement with the terms.