Building a career at Granite may be the most valuable thing you could do...
Are you interested in the opportunity to work for an industry-leading company that will give you the experience and exposure you need to build your career and personal brand? If so, then you've come to the right place!
This position is responsible for planning, developing, coordinating and managing onsite construction engineering activities for construction projects varying in size to ensure quality and cost effectiveness.
Essential Job Accountabilities
- Manage job controls to ensure compliance with contract, budget, schedule, forecasting and job costing.
- Develop and maintain project schedule to ensure work is completed on time and under budget.
- Manage project engineering assignments to ensure work is completed on time and under budget.
- Manage project engineering activities to ensure compliance with company, contract and schedule requirements.
- Provide technical support in construction planning, quality control, interpretation of design, application of construction methods, resolution and documentation of design conflicts, and constructability reviews to ensure successful job completion.
- Develop, implement and administer project engineering procedures and other work controlling documents to ensure clarification of roles.
- Represent company, project and/or department during client and project management meetings to ensure effective communication.
- Develop and maintain all job reporting and logs to ensure project compliance.
- Supervise, direct, and mentor project staff to ensure individual development and that project standards are met.
- Bachelor's Degree in Civil Engineering, Construction Management, Business Administration, or related field preferred, or equivalent combinations of technical training and related experience.
Knowledge, skills, and abilities
- 4+ years of construction estimating support, engineering, field support, or similar experience.
- Proficiency with all MS Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.), AGTEK Take-off and Primavera Scheduling software.
- Advanced knowledge of construction engineering technology, codes, standards, etc. plus an in-depth understanding of the interdependence and relationship between other functional units required.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, plus demonstrated ability to manage a team of varied disciplines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, sit and use hands to operate a computer keyboard. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and ability to adjust focus. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Subject to outside working conditions. At times will be working around large construction equipment, must be safety conscience.Additional Requirements/Skills
About Granite Construction Incorporated
- Comply, understand, and support corporate safety initiatives to ensure a safe work environment.
- Team player
- Ability and willingness to abide by Granite's Code of Conduct on a daily basis
- Valid driver's license and ability to drive
Granite Construction Incorporated is a member of the S&P 400 Index and is the parent company of Granite Construction Company, one of the nation's largest heavy civil contractors and construction materials producers. Granite Construction is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, Individuals with Disabilities and a Drug-Free Workplace. For additional information on applicant/employee rights please clickhere.Notice to Staffing Agencies
Granite Construction, Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Granite") will not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from a candidate. Any unsolicited resumes sent to Granite, including unsolicited resumes sent to a Granite mailing address, fax machine or email address, directly to Granite employees, or to Granite's resume database will be considered Granite property. Granite will NOT pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume.Granite will consider any candidate for whom an Agency has submitted an unsolicited resume to have been referred by the Agency free of any charges or fees.
Agencies must obtain advance written approval from Granite's recruiting function to submit resumes, and then only in conjunction with a valid fully-executed contract for service and in response to a specific job opening.Granite will not pay a fee to any Agency that does not have such agreement in place.
Agency agreements will only be valid if in writing and signed by Granite's Human Resources Representative or his/ her designee. No other Granite employee is authorized to bind Granite to any agreement regarding the placement of candidates by Agencies.
This job has expired.