Every day, ANDRITZ continues to deliver successful innovative solutions to our customers globally. Why are we so successful? Because we are passionate and love what we do! We are at the forefront of future engineering technologies, with solutions that ensure the success of our clients in key industries that are shaping the future of the world we live in.
Our Automation Solutions division is currently seeking an intermediate Electrical & Controls Project Engineer to join our Alpharetta, GA office. This position would be responsible for the design, development, and delivery of high quality, innovative electrical and control engineering projects that improve plant productivity, reliability, and sustainability for our North American customers.
In addition to a challenging career, professional development opportunities, and an inclusive, flexible, and supportive work environment, to reward your commitment we offer a competitive salary, comprehensive benefits package, and a 401(k) plan.
Responsibilities may include but are not necessarily limited to the following:
• Audit industrial facilities and develop preliminary engineering designs and estimates for electrical and control system upgrades.
• Design industrial MV and LV electrical power systems, including electrical room design, equipment specifications, motor control and grounding systems, and cable and raceway sizing and layouts.
• Perform protection and control systems design and settings.
• Complete electrical control and instrumentation system design including P&ID drawings, control system architecture, and instrumentation systems.
• Design, program and configure DCS and PLC/HMI applications.
• Perform system checkout, testing, and commissioning.
• Prepare and evaluate tender and construction packages, including electrical and instrumentation drawings, installation specifications, and other supporting documentation.
When selecting candidates, we will be looking for the following essential skills, abilities, and experience:
• Bachelor's degree or technology diploma in electrical engineering
• Minimum of 5 years' experience in industrial automation engineering
• Experience in pulp & paper; mining and/or chemical industries an asset
• Resourceful, self-managed, and goal driven but still able to work effectively in a team
• Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills (English)
• Registered as an EIT or PE in Georgia an asset
• Practical knowledge of North American standards
• Legally entitled to work in the USA
• Ability and willingness to travel to domestic and international sites (typically 5-20%)
Other valued, but non-essential skills, abilities, and experience include:
• Consulting engineering experience
• Site audit, commissioning, construction, and start-up experience
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or disability.
Requisition ID: 2112
Nearest Major Market: Alpharetta
Nearest Secondary Market: Atlanta
New Cumberland, Pennsylvania
Posted 21 minutes ago
Posted 20 minutes ago
Posted 20 minutes ago