WHO WE ARE
AVI-SPL is a digital enablement solutions provider who transforms how people and technology connect to elevateexperiences,create new value, and enableorganizations to thrive and grow. We are the largest provider of collaboration technology solutions, which include our award-winning managed services.
Our highly certified industry experts and innovation leaders share a vision to help people work smarter and live better. We believe that success starts with a sound team and that an inclusive and diverse workplace moves us all forward.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
As a Project Engineer, you will design, specify and manage the installation of integrated systems. You will be responsible for the technical oversight of a project from award through installation and completion. You will also identify special requirements for the projects, including but not limited to: test equipment, specialized tools, and rigging support. In addition, you will provide technical oversight on commissioning of systems both in-house and on-site.
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FORMust-Haves:
- Review project Scope of Work (SOW) to ensure quality and completeness
- Develop engineering and architectural (RCP/Floor Plan) drawings, calculations, acoustical modeling as needed
- Review hour estimation for work based on needs analysis, scope of work and bid requirements
- Address technical or logistical impediments to delivering scope of work
- Test audio DSP or video processing systems software required for system functionality
- Meet with current/prospective vendors to help evaluate products
- Deliver weekly project updates for Project Manager
- Responsible for assisting the Project Manager in monitoring project budget and securing the necessary personnel for installation
- Test integrated systems and perform troubleshooting when needed
- Provide engineering and DSP system programming support to project installation team when needed
- Support Project Manager in project hand-off to the installation team when needed
- Provide Project Manager documented test results from system testing and commissioning
- Review project designs created by internal and external resources and submit to CAD department
- Review field and shop red-line drawings, revise shop drawings to "as-built' status for submission to CAD department
- Communicate and engage with internal employees, clients and colleagues in a professional and timely manner
- Ability to travel to various job sites required
- Proven business writing skills
- Proficient with test and calibration equipment
- Support user acceptance testing
- Understand basic IP networking
- Ability to diagnose complex system problems
- Advanced computer skills as required for the design, configuration, and operation of AV equipment
- Ability to work and think independently and ensuring to meet deadlines
- Effective communication and interaction with employees, clients and colleagues
- Valid Driver's License and a Motor Vehicle Record that meets AVI-SPL driving standards
WHY YOU'LL LIKE WORKING HERE
- Formal education in Electronics or related field preferred
- Minimum two years of AV experience is preferred
- A four-year degree or military experience may be considered in place of job experience
- Experience with Enterprise VC solutions (Zoom, Microsoft Teams, Google Meet, Bluejeans, Cisco Telepresence etc.) both hardware and software
- AVIXA General CTS (Certified Technical Specialist) is preferred
MORE ABOUT US
- Medical benefits, including vision and dental
- Paid holidays, sick days, and personal days
- Enjoyable and dynamic company culture
- Training and professional development opportunities
AVI-SPL is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, disability status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state, or local law. AVI-SPL is an AA/Disabled/Veteran Protected Employer VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
AVI-SPL reserves the right to alter work hours and work location as necessary. Work hours may vary based on client requirements and may include travel to various locations in support of the account.
This job has expired.