CUMULUS MEDIA | Indianapolis is looking for a dynamic individual to take on the dual role of Programming Assistant for the cluster and Assistant Producer on The Smiley Morning Show (WZPL). Are you highly organized with a mastery of time and task management and possess a relentless work ethic to deliver exceptional results in a fast-paced environment? Do you excel in taking direction and managing projects to completion in a timely manner without sacrificing work quality? Are you also looking for a job that makes you laugh every day? Are you a content creator that can bring fun, relatable ideas to life? Are you skilled in audio production and looking for a great opportunity to work with an incredibly fun morning show that has been successful in this market for 20 years? If the answer is 'YES' to all of the above, then we wanna meet you!
Who We Are:
CUMULUS MEDIA | Indianapolis features six radio stations (Country WFMS-FM, Classic Hits WJJK-FM, Active Rock WNDX-FM, Hot AC WNTR-FM, Sports WXNT-AM and CHR WZPL-FM) reaching well over a million listeners weekly. We strive to hire talented, passionate, driven, resourceful, problem solvers who love to collaborate with other equally talented people to produce compelling, top tier content and results.
- Manage various programming projects as assigned by programming leadership team
- Voice and produce commercials as assigned
- Fill-out and file various programming reports as assigned
- Help manage various syndicated programming (all stations)
- Assist WZPL morning hosts in development and delivery of compelling content appealing to the target demo
- Screen morning show calls effectively and interact with listeners on the phone
- Provide a steady stream of content for WZPL website, social media platforms and podcast
- Assist in executing on-air promotions, contesting and prize coordination
- Operate WZPL control board and other related studio and production equipment as needed
- Board operator duties across the cluster (all stations) as assigned
- Participate in various Programming and Promotions meetings as requested
- Attend large scale station events
- Other duties as assigned
What we offer:
- Passion for radio and positive attitude
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Exceptional time and task management
- Creative thinker and strategic problem solver
- Understanding of social and digital "best practices" to effectively engage listeners
- Proficient in audio editing with strong production skills and knowledge of audio editing software.
- Can work well with peers in a collaborative team environment
- Socially informed and perceptive; up-to-date and in tune with local and national trends and/or specialized knowledge of topics/events related to on-air discussions
- Well-versed on FCC rules and regulations
- All new hires must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 by date of hire, subject to legally-mandated accommodations
- Competitive pay
- Professional growth and career path
- Focused, responsible and collaborative work environment with the ability, to ask "what if" and try innovative solutions
- Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance coverage
- 401K with company match to plan for the long-term
- Paid Vacation & Holidays
For immediate consideration, please visit [Link available when viewing the job]
To upload your air-check, please paste the audio file into a Word document and save with name format LastName.Audio and upload as part of your application by selecting "include a cover letter". Instructions are also provided within the online application form.
For more information about CUMULUS MEDIA, visit our website at: [Link available when viewing the job]CUMULUS MEDIA is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).
This job has expired.