West Virginia University School of Medicine is currently accepting applications for a Program Assistant II with the Department of Human Performance
About the Opportunity
As a Program Assistant II, you will assist in coordinating and operationalizing various projects/initiates related to the Physician Assistant Studies Program goals and objectives for the students. This position will work closely with the Physician Assistant Studies Faculty, and Administrative Director to provide an efficient and service-oriented infrastructure for the academic, research, public service, and the missions of the programs.
We strongly believe in work-life balance and keeping time for things we love outside our work. WVU offers generous benefits, including:
What you’ll do:
- 37.5-hour work week
- 13 paid holidays (staff holiday calendar)
- 15 annual leave (vacation) days per year or more based on years of service (employee leave)
- 18 sick days per year (for when you’re ill, for when you need time to care for sick family, for your own, or your family’s, regularly scheduled medical appointments. Who is family for the purpose of this leave? A lot of people in your life including immediate relatives and in-laws as well as others considered to be members of your household living under the same roof)
- WVU offers a range of health insurance and other benefits
- 401(a) retirement savings with 6% employee contribution match, eligibility to continue health insurance, and other retiree perks. Looking for more retirement benefits information? Check out retirement health insurance benefits, retirement income, and FAQ’s.
- Wellness programs
Pay Grade: 13Qualifications
- Provides administrative support to the Program Director, and other Faculty within the Physician Assistant Studies Program
- Maintain data and prepare reports for assessment
- Participate in preparation of accreditation documents and organization of site visits
- Provides support for teaching that includes:
- Gathering materials, organization, managing exams and evaluations
- Proctoring Exams
- Organization of Continuing Education courses
- Room Scheduling – including room access processes
- Uses eValue to schedule Course Instructor evaluations each semester, and follows up with preceptors for completed evaluations
- Assists with scheduling/communication with students of Callback Days and End of Rotation Exams
- Assists Clinical Education Director with administrative duties, and email/phone communication with clinical rotation sites
- Enters student data into SOLE, MyClinicalExchange, eValue, and other web applications as needed
- Schedules student academic advising session with faculty each semester
- Assists faculty in SOLE with uploading materials, proctoring tests, checking grades, etc.
- Secures housing for students on rural rotations through ICRH Tracker Application
- Events planning – social, teaching, recruiting, and retreats for Physician Assistant Studies Program
- Assists Recruiting Staff for Professional Programs with regard to social media, news stories, etc. for the Program
- Ordering of supplies for Physician Assistant Studies Program
- Travel management for division
- Answering phone calls, taking messages, and giving direction accordingly
- Inventory of equipment and supplies for Physician Assistant Studies Program, including telephone lines and service
- Responsible for gathering information to update the Directory and Web-sites for the Physician Assistant Studies Program
- Picking up and distributing mail and packages on a daily basis
- Support services for Departmental Meetings and Faculty Committees
- Maintains calendars for Program
- Scheduling and Confirming of Finals for Physician Assistant Studies Program
- Pcard purchases and reconciliation within MyExpenses for Physician Assistant Studies Program.
This job has expired.
- Associate's degree in business, accounting, finance or a related field; OR an equivalent combination of education and/or experience.
- One (1) year experience involving:
- Administrative/Executive Secretary Experience
- General Accounting Experience
- Excellent Typing Skills
- Responsibility for office procedures.
- Superb organizational skills
- Advanced language talent (spelling, grammar, etc.)
- Excellent personnel management ability, superior typing dexterity, outstanding computer aptitude, (including word processing, presentation software, spreadsheets, photo editing, flow charts, etc.)
- Exceptional office management capacity; professional interaction adeptness, including ability to communicate with multiple personalities and cultures; patience and tolerance.
- Use of calculator, computer, and facsimile on a daily basis.
- Use of slide projector, overhead projector, and laptop.
- Will be using databases, spreadsheets, word processing, presentation software, and e-mail.