At AstraZeneca we work together across global boundaries to make an impact and find answers to challenges. We do this with the upmost integrity even in the most difficult situations because we are committed to doing the right thing. We continuously forge partnerships that help pursue world-class medicines in new ways, combining our people's exceptional skills with those of people from all over the globe.
Our Frederick Manufacturing Center (FMC) is one of 30 production facilities in 18 countries that creates life-changing medicines for people around the world. This biologics manufacturing facility makes a direct contribution to treating people with cancer, respiratory and autoimmune conditions across the globe. It's challenging but highly rewarding work, involves more than 675 talented people throughout the manufacturing lifecycle and supporting office functions. We work hard to deliver life-changing medicines to patients, and we take time to have fun and celebrate our accomplishments. From catered site festivities to competitive events, community outreach activities, environmental and wellness showcases and team-building events, we take time to recognize our achievements.
As a Production Technician III- Night Shift in the Manufacturing group at Frederick, MD, you'll play a pivotal role in channeling our scientific capabilities to make a positive impact on changing patients' lives.
What you'll do:
You will be responsible for the Production Technician duties, which will include:
Essential for the role:
- Proven ability to perform all process steps of upstream / downstream / central services production operations and act as the primary trainer of those with less experience (and may act as interim Lead as required)
- Ability to generate SOPs, MPRs, and SPRs for equipment and procedures used in the manufacture of biological based products
- Execution of validation protocols as required as well as the ability to execute projects with minimal instruction and strategic direction.
- Complete acquaintance with and understanding of the general and detailed aspects of the job, and their practical applications to problems and situations commonly encountered.
- Advanced knowledge of cGMP standards and equipment to perform first line trouble shooting and root cause analysis
- Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations while performing under limited supervision and no instructions for routine work. Good organizational skills required.
- BS/BA degree preferred. Associates degree and/or High School Diploma acceptable with experience.
- 3-5 years of experience with Bachelors
- 4-6 years of experience with Associates
- 7-10 years with High School Diploma
At AstraZeneca when we see an opportunity for change, we seize it and make it happen, because any opportunity no matter how small, can be the start of something big. Delivering life-changing medicines is about being entrepreneurial - finding those moments and recognizing their potential. Join us on our journey of building a new kind of organization to reset expectations of what a bio-pharmaceutical company can be. This means we're opening new ways to work, pioneering cutting edge methods and bringing unexpected teams together. Interested? Come and join our journey.Are you already imagining yourself joining our team? Good, because we can't wait to hear from you!Next Steps - Apply today!
To be considered for this exciting opportunity, please complete the full application on our website at your earliest convenience - it is the only way that our Recruiter and Hiring Manager can know that you feel well qualified for this opportunity. If you know someone who would be a phenomenal fit, please share this posting with them.Find out more on Social Media:LinkedIn https://www.linkedin.com/company/1603/Facebook https://www.facebook.com/astrazenecacareers/Instagram https://www.instagram.com/astrazeneca/?hl=enAbout Operations https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gak5Ham8oUw
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements.
AstraZeneca requires all US employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 but will consider requests for reasonable accommodations as required by applicable law.
This job has expired.