Why Choose Suddath to "Move" your Career to the Next Level?
At Suddath, you can be part of something special and inclusive! Join a team that has a 100+ year reputation for excellence as an innovative, growing and financially stable company that is dedicated to promoting a culture that thrives on inclusion and diversity. From numerous awards to being recognized as one of the best places to work, Suddath offers a caring, family environment while providing relocation and logistics services to people and companies all around the world.
What We Offer!
- A competitive wage with a comprehensive benefits package, including a 401(k) plan with company matching
- Paid Time Off (PTO) and paid company holidays
- A tuition reimbursement plan where employees are encouraged to continue their education and development
Thursday - Monday
6:00am - 2:30 pmSUMMARY
The Production Supervisor is responsible for overseeing the daily floor activities of the warehouse production staff. Manges distribution activities to achieve required performance and customer service objectives. Ensures proper training and safety protocols are maintained and consistently adhered to.ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Supervise reporting personnel, including analyzing and resolving problems, recommending or initiating personnel actions/movements, and initiating plans to motivate team members to achieve goals.
- Review the incoming work orders and communicate with the workers, interpreting and assigning specific duties and tasks.
- Establish and/or adjust work procedures to meet job requirements knowing capacities of workers, workspace and equipment.
- Input and complete orders into the High Jump/WMS system.
- Schedule appropriate transportation needs as requested by clients.
- Provide timely and accurate documentation to our clients/agents.
- Oversees and maintains accurate documentation to ensure billing and inventory integrity.
- Assists with creation and review of Standard Operating Procedures for warehouse and customer service activities.
- Provides guidance to Key Account Representatives and helps troubleshoot and resolve issues.
- Maintains solid customer relationships by handling their questions and concerns with speed and professionalism.
- Perform ad hoc reporting such as revenue reports, inventory updates and daily activities.
- Determine, troubleshoot and recommend necessary corrective actions for customer problems.
- Assist with production equipment such as RF Guns, printers, etc
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education & Experience:
High school diploma, GED, or equivalent required or equivalent work experience in lieu of education. Must have a minimum of two (2) years' experience in 3PL, Contract Logistics, or related industry. Must have a valid driver's license. Supervisory experience strongly preferred. Equipment Operator certification required.
Directly supervises a team of 5-15.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Basic to Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Outlook, and Word. Good written and verbal communication skills in order to communicate professionally with clients. Ability to lead and motivate a team while supporting a positive culture and work environment. Operates with a customer service mentality. Ability to manage time effectively and consistently meet deadlines. Ability to work in a team environment and demonstrate flexibility and patience. Excellent organization, communication and problem-solving skills. Ability to work under minimal supervision and with a strong sense of self-motivation. Ability to sufficiently read, speak, and write English in order to understand and give directions, and to complete paperwork accurately. Ability to operate a variety of standard office equipment as dictated by the duties of the job and perform data entry and typing functions.PHYSICAL/ENVIRONMENTAL DEMANDS
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Physical Activity Level:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, sit, use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl, see clearly and talk or hear. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 49 pounds unassisted. Must be capable of standing and walking for extended periods. Must be able to twist, stoop, squat, reach above shoulder level and crouch on a frequent basis. Must be able to use hands and feet simultaneously and for repetitive movements.
Outdoors and indoor shop environment with adequate ventilation. Exposure to vibration, improperly illuminated or awkward and confining work spaces. Working above ground level where the possibility of falling exists. Frequent lifting and carrying of items. Loud noises typical
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
The Suddath Companies is a multifaceted group of companies that specialize in worldwide corporate employee relocations, household moving, warehouse and logistics management and specialized transportation services.
The Suddath Companies provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.