Collaboration drives Nordson's success as a market leader in Industrial Precision Solutions and Advanced Technology. Our employees thrive in an environment where we help each other reach our personal best and enable our company to continuously improve and grow, and our customers to succeed. You will find Nordson employees sharing our success by giving back in the communities around the world where we live and work.
Nordson EFD designs and manufactures components for controlled fluid flow including desktop dispensing equipment, precision valves, tips, dual dispensing cartridges and syringes. Our products are used in a broad range of market segments including, Life Sciences, Animal Health, Electronics, Automotive and Construction. Leading with innovation, Nordson EFD holds proprietary material and "0 waste" patents and technology to micro-dispense materials < 0.2mm in diameter.
Job Description Summary
We are currently seeking a well-organized, big-picture focusedProduction Planning Leadwith strong experience scheduling and planning manufacturing production lines. Based in our Norwich, CT facility, the Production Planning Lead is responsible for creating and maintaining production schedules to achieve optimal delivery of products to customers. This position requires the ability to align the supply of components to meet our customers' requirements. This is a collaborative position that requires a high level of professionalism and communication.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Manages the Production Order life cycle
- Provides delivery commitments to Customer Support and informs about late orders
- Assists department Managers to assure proper labor utilization while establishing priorities for departments
- Ensures timely deliveries to customers by maintaining high level of OTD
- Communicates effectively supply shortages and priorities to Nordson Intercompany Plants
- Supports MRP Runs and Production Schedules for Molding and Assembly Departments
- Updates the EIQ information (Shift Notes, Priorities for department schedules)
- Reviews and recommends planning parameters changes in SAP
- Works closely with all functional areas of the business
- Provides support to Supply Chain using analytical data to address supply shortages
- Prioritizes deliveries with Sales/Customer Service
- Issues Engineering Change Requests
- Advises short and long term capacity issues and recommends solutions
- Determines optimal inventory levels for fabricated materials
- All other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's Degree or Associate's with a combination of relevant experience.
- Minimum of 3 years' experience in planning manufacturing production lines and preparing schedules for production.
- Demonstrated ability to meet strict deadlines to get delivery of products to customers on time.
- Proficiency in all MS Office applications required.
- Knowledge of ERP systems. SAP knowledge preferred.
Working Conditions and Physical Demands
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with a strong customer service, action-orientation required.
- Strong organizational and follow through skills a must
- Sound judgment and reasoning ability to escalate sensitive, urgent matters to appropriate personnel for resolution.
Office environment or Manufacturing Environment. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.Travel Required
Nordson Corporation provides equal employment opportunity to all applicants and employees. No person is to be discriminated against in any aspect of the employment relationship due to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, citizenship status, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. All employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of our pre-employment drug screening and background/criminal check, consistent with applicable laws.