Collaboration drives Nordson's success as a market leader in Industrial Precision Solutions and Advanced Technology. Our employees thrive in an environment where we help each other reach our personal best and enable our company to continuously improve and grow, and our customers to succeed. You will find Nordson employees sharing our success by giving back in the communities around the world where we live and work.
Nordson MEDICAL designs, engineers and manufactures complex devices and components with applications in wound healing, surgical and minimally invasive, fluid management, pulmonology and interventional and structural heart. Our pioneering Advanced Polymers team was the first to manufacture and supply medical balloons to the medical device industry. Nordson MEDICAL works with doctors, start-ups and large medical companies around the world at any point in the product lifecycle, from concept to launch and beyond.
Production Associates are key members of our operations team with primary responsibility for the manufacturing and assembly of medical devices. The essential function of this position is to follow work instructions and Standard Operating Procedures (SOP's) to assemble and inspect medical devices in a certified clean room environment. Production Associates will regularly work with microscopes, hand tools, and small components requiring a high degree of dexterity and accuracy. Production Associates have the opportunity to participate in Nordson's Grow With Us program which provides employee led career advancement opportunities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:To perform this position successfully, an individual must be able to perform each job duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.Required Education:
- Build product assemblies and operate specialized machinery utilizing intermediate mechanical skills (braid cutting, coil twisting, band placement, glue application, hot jaw, laser and UV bonding, etc.) and training.
- Utilize measurement and hand tools (rulers, calipers, gauges, etc.) with a high attention to detail and accuracy.
- Perform intermediate equipment inspections utilizing laser micrometers, leak testers, etc.
- Read, comprehend, and adhere to written work instructions, SOP's, etc.
- Follow verbal instructions from supervisors, group leaders, and trainers.
- Adhere to all safety policies and procedures and promote a safe work environment for all team members.
- Consistently meet attendance, quality, and productivity expectations.
- Effectively work in a dynamic, team environment, with flexibility to rotate responsibilities as required.
- Comply with Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP's) related to actions, hygiene, and behavior requirements.
- Maintain accurate documentation and records with integrity.
- Attend required training and continuous learning opportunities as assigned.
- Participate in development projects with compliance to processes and limited oversight as required.
Required Length & Type of Experience:
- A high school diploma or GED from an accredited institution strongly preferred.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities (KSA's):
- In lieu of education, consideration for up to 4 years of work experience may be considered.
- A minimum of 1 year experience in medical device manufacturing.
- A minimum of 1 year experience in a FDA or ISO regulated work environment.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The characteristics listed below are representative of the physical demands required by an individual to successfully perform the essential duties of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
- Ability to apply written and verbal instructions.
- Hand dexterity to effectively utilize small hand tools and inspection equipment.
- High attention to detail.
- Knowledge and experience with intermediate assembly tools and mechanical skills.
- Proven ability to effectively work in a dynamic, team environment.
- Experience with Lean Manufacturing and continuous improvement principles a plus.
- Internal Candidates: Proficiency in key skills identified for Production Associate I.
WORK ENVIRONMENT:The characteristics listed below are representative of the work environment typically encountered by an individual while performing the essential duties of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
- Employee may be required to remain stationary, stand, sit and/or bend frequently or for extended periods of time.
- Employee will frequently be required to actively listen and exchange verbal and written information.
- Employee may be required to observe and assess information received via computer.
- Must have reliable, appropriate transportation.
The above stated duties are intended to outline those functions typically performed by individuals assigned to this classification. This description of duties is not intended to be all-inclusive or to limit the discretionary authority of supervisors to assign other tasks of similar nature or level of responsibility nor does it imply an employment agreement.
Nordson Corporation provides equal employment opportunity to all applicants and employees. No person is to be discriminated against in any aspect of the employment relationship due to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, citizenship status, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. All employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of our pre-employment drug screening and background/criminal check, consistent with applicable laws.
This job has expired.