Job ID: 479201
Oldcastle APG, a CRH company, is a leading global supplier of building and landscaping products. Its product portfolio includes hardscapes and masonry, packaged cement mixes, lawn and garden materials, and composite decking sold through a variety of channels for residential and commercial use. Oldcastle APG is the leading producer of hardscapes in North America and Europe and the innovator behind many of the industry's well-known brands: Belgard hardscapes, Echelon masonry, Sakrete bagged dry mixes, and MoistureShield composite decking. With over 260 operating locations and approximately 8,500 employees, Oldcastle APG operates across 7 countries in the U.S., Canada, and Europe.
The Production Manager position is responsible for ensuring leadership such that manufacturing is executed as required, within all safety, quality, cost, and delivery objectives.
- Carries out management responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws
- Plans and directs production activities and establishes production priorities for products in keeping with effective operations and cost factors
- Interprets the Bills of Material to validate mix designs and plan for materials required
- Procures raw materials and conducts periodic inventories and projections to validate customer demand is met
- Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and redirecting work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems
- Drives improvements in productivity, cost reduction, plant output, capacity and waste while continuing to deliver quality products complete and on-time to the customer
- Encourages, manages, and leads maximum production flow, while ensuring safety and quality
- Enforce safety rules and ensure work areas are maintained in a clean and orderly condition, and to ensure compliance with OSHA, state, and company regulations
- Communicates objectives to shift/floor leads to allocate personnel and equipment to various areas to accomplish scheduled jobs and to maintain production efficiencies
- Develop and revise standard operating procedures for equipment and routine tasks
- Examine the plant's weekly P&L to forecast monthly gains and losses to bottom line and identify potential savings
- Evaluate, assist, and lead other functional areas of the plant when needed to ensure a safe and profitable facility
- At least 3 years performance in a supervisory role with five or more direct reports. Plant or operations management experience preferred
- Bachelor's degree in business, or a related field preferred. High school diploma and relevant experience in a manufacturing environment required
- Must have experience with Lean principles, KPIs, dashboards, etc. in a manufacturing or production environment
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and have experience with ERP systems
- Ability to analyze raw data, generate statistics, and interpret results
- Experience with safety compliance, OSHA 10 hour or 30 hour certification preferred
- Ability to read, perform mathematical calculations, and interpret Bills of Material
- Working knowledge of concrete quality control procedures/terminology preferred
- Strong communication, interpersonal, organizational, planning and time-management skills
- Ability to work under tight time constraints and multi-task functions
- Proven ability at supervising work for a team of individuals with differing skill levels to enable the team to achieve desired performance and quality standards
- Ability to work in a factory environment and to perform manual labor
- Ability to effectively communicate with employees, vendors, customers, and corporate leadership at all levels and from various backgrounds
Referring to state and federal regulations and Company policies, the incumbent is expected to make basic day-to-day decisions and act as needed. Works under the Site Manager.What CRH Offers You
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
CRH has a long and proud heritage. We are a collection of hundreds of family businesses, regional companies and large enterprises that together form the CRH family. CRH operates in a decentralized, diversified structure that allows you to work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of large international organization.
If you're up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Once you click apply now, you will be brought to our official employment application. Please complete your online profile and it will be sent to the hiring manager. Our system allows you to view and track your status 24 hours a day. Thank you for your interest!
Oldcastle APG, a CRH Company, is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.
Date Posted: Feb 17, 2023 Nearest Major Market:
Cincinnati Job Segment:
Industrial, Production Manager, ERP, Manager, Manufacturing, Technology, Management
This job has expired.