PURPOSE OF THIS POSITION
The primary purpose of the Production Chef job position, is to be highly passionate about food, service and, to prepare food in accordance with current applicable federal, state and local standards, guidelines and regulations, Birchaven Retirement Village policies and procedures, Birchaven Retirement Village ethical statement and resident rights, subject to the employee handbook, and as may be directed by the Food Service Director and/or Sous chef to assure that quality food service is provided at all times.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to speak in sentences.
- Ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with standardized situations with only occasional or no variables.
- Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers. Ability to count.
- Minimum 3-5 years experience in a culinary position.
- 2 year culinary arts degree.
- Experience in a professional kitchen, cooking from scratch.
- Serve safe certified
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear/listen; and taste and smell. The employee is occasionally required to sit, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.