About Working at Commerce
Wouldn't it be great to build your career at a bank that's known for helping people with their financial challenges? That's exactly what you'd be doing when you join the team at Commerce Bank. We're looking for teammates who are ready to do whatever it takes to help our customers with their everyday financial needs. You'd be helping yourself too, because Commerce has a tradition of recognizing and rewarding team members for their talent, skills and contributions.
No wonder we've been an industry leader for over 155 years and have developed a reputation as a great place to work in the financial services world. If you'd like to be a part of a team and culture that is respected by its peers and in your community, we should talk. We're always looking for the best and brightest.
About This Job
Credit cards, considered the largest consumer lending market in the U.S., are evolving at an accelerated pace through advances in technology, changes in consumer behaviors, new market entrants, and macroeconomic forces. We are seeking a self-motivated, results-focused individual, ready and willing to help our team navigate this dynamic and exciting industry! At the highest level, the ideal candidate for this position will take ownership of short and long-term product development initiatives that support the key strategic objectives ("Blue Chips") for the Consumer Credit Card line of business.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required
- Partner with cross-functional teams to design, define technical requirements, implement and deliver, competitive, value-added consumer credit card products and features
- Participate in key projects including but are not limited; Defining and executing on a Buy Now, Pay Later strategy, ensuring our products are competitively priced and optimizing the features and benefits that add value for customers and improve wallet share
- Demonstrate thought leadership, including but not limited to defining the customer value proposition, identifying target customers and geographies, distribution channels, risks, success metrics and required resources for the execution of product development initiatives
- Leverage financial acumen to develop and present a business case for new products, features, and other key initiatives, to demonstrate long-term, sustainable growth for the Consumer Credit Card portfolio
- Embrace the role of 'point-person' for all things Product Development among key internal stakeholders and establish a trusted working relationship with business partners
- Align with Legal, Compliance and Risk Management business partners to ensure products and features are designed and implemented in compliance with all applicable laws and regulations
- Collaborate with our card processing and network partners (Visa and Mastercard) to stay abreast of insights, innovation, benefits and new trends within the payments industry that may have an impact on the Consumer Credit Card business
- Analyze and interpret customer data and feedback to understand what customers want and how to meet those demands
- Present product development initiatives to senior-level management and articulate how these initiatives support the key strategic objectives ("Blue Chips") of the Consumer Credit Card line of business
- Perform other duties as assigned
Education & Experience
- Basic knowledge of the product development field, including best practices
- Strong project/program management skills
- Strong analytical, process reengineering and problem-solving skills
- Ability to tailor message to various audiences
- Ability to work independently as well as lead cross-functional teams
- Motivated and organized self-starter with strong attention to detail and the ability to manage multiple priorities
- Inquisitive, agile, and strong team player with excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to remain adaptable and resilient to all situations with an optimistic outlook and cast a positive shadow that is aligned with our culture and Core Values
- Intermediate level proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint & Teams
- Bachelor's degree in business, marketing or equivalent combination of education and experience required
- 3+ years of product development experience required, preferably in financial services or credit card industry
- Product marketing experience preferred
- Agile methodology experience preferred
***Level of role is determined by knowledge, experience, skills, abilities, and education
Location: 922 Walnut St, Kansas City, Missouri 64106
This job has expired.