With over 10,000 employees and more than a dozen brands, American Woodmark is one of the nation’s largest cabinet manufacturers. By partnering with major home centers, builders, and dealers, we spark the imagination of homeowners and designers and bring their vision to life. Across our service and distribution centers, our corporate office, and manufacturing facilities, you’ll always find the same commitment to customer satisfaction, integrity, teamwork, and excellence.
We are on a journey to encourage an inclusive Woodmark and are taking meaningful actions to promote diverse representation across every part of the business. Together, every team member contributes to making American Woodmark a place where people can express who they are through what they do.
We seek to accelerate growth, innovation, and loyalty by turning customers and consumers into passionate American Woodmark advocates. The Product Manager role offers an exciting opportunity to translate this vision into reality by designing and launching bath products that consumers crave. The product manager is the category authority and a cross-functional leader with a clear understanding of product line reach, life cycle, competitive set, and capabilities synthesizing this information to drive toward opportunities now and in the future.
IDEAL CANDIDATE PROFILE:
* Bachelor's degree or higher, or equivalent combination of education and experience
* Minimum 3 years experience in consumer goods product management, program management, or similar
* Strong product aesthetic and functional instinct: intuitive understanding of why product concepts will be effective and gain adoption
* Ability to justify product concepts and shape category trajectory using a wide array of data points, including market insights, competitive benchmarking, consumer research, and financial analysis
* Ability to execute quickly and be innately curious: driven to learn, iterate, and improve rapidly in furtherance of internal strategy
* Experience with profit-and-loss calculations, financial modeling, and pricing; clear focus on profitability and cost efficiency
* Demonstrated success leading independent and cross-functional projects with demanding timelines and occasional ambiguity while exercising strict cost control
* Familiarity with stage-gate processes and timely management of the product life cycle, including product development, launch, collateral, training, quality assurance, and discontinuation
* Familiarity with B2B partners and their requirements for buying and selling a product, especially brick-and-mortar retail and online
* Polished story-telling skills, creating clear, cohesive, and impactful written and verbal messages that resonate with target audiences
* Fluency in Microsoft Office suite with emphasis on Excel and PowerPoint
* Help create, evolve and convert the vision for the product division
* Be the category authority by understanding all product components, studying competitive products, and analyzing the market and demographic trends
* Identify new product and process enhancements that correspond to and promote corporate and divisional strategy
* Develop and maintain the category roadmap using input from cross-functional partners, market insights, financial analysis, and the voice of the consumer
* Hone knowledge of key internal manufacturing processes and cost inputs; utilize them to inform product design
* Find or design research that helps to confirm hypotheses around product and feature strategy
* Build clear and concise justifications that capture the vision, goals, key elements, and logistics of new products and features
* Consistently pursue best cost and craft pricing for the right balance of profitability and market success
* Assess category performance using goals, metrics, and analytics, continually refining toward a lean, yet powerful assortment of the most relevant product at the best cost
* Partner to drive clarity and accountability with technical, marketing, and sales functions in establishing specifications, profitability, collateral, training, and timely product transitions
* Collaborate on print and digital collateral to ensure technical and feature-benefit accuracy
* Identify potential quality concerns and drive the team to achieve resolution
* Clearly and effectively influence, document, and communicate outcomes across functions
*Reports to Director of Product Management - Bath
* Work Location: Anaheim, CA or Winchester, VA - hybrid with weekly in-office meetings
* Typically works in an office environment and occasionally on or around the manufacturing or distribution floor. The noise level is usually moderate.
* Travel Requirements: Some out-of-town travel is required, up to 25%
* Recruitment process may consist of any combination of phone, video, and in-person interviews.
* Offers may be contingent upon the successful completion of a Background Check, Drug Screen, Physical Examination, and/or potential Motor Vehicle Check.
BENEFITS PACKAGE INCLUDES:
* Competitive Compensation
* Health Care Benefits
* Paid Holidays
* Paid Vacation Days
* Paid Sick Days
* 401(k) Match
* Tuition Assistance
* Relocation Assistance when available
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The American Woodmark Corporation does not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, ancestry, age, religion, military and veteran status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, pregnancy, or any other legally-protected characteristic; and it will comply with all applicable state discrimination laws. No person will be denied employment solely because of a disability, provided that the person can perform the essential functions of the position for which the person has applied, either with or without reasonable accommodations.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled