ITT Goulds Pumps is looking for a Product Design Engineer to join their Design Engineering team in Seneca Falls, NY. The Product Design Engineer is responsible for product design, maintenance, testing, trouble-shooting and providing technical support to other departments.
- Assist with assigned projects including product improvements, product extensions, product enhancements, new product development, live order development.
- Assist with design of pump components and assemblies for assigned product lines to achieve lowest cost, ease of manufacture and meet all relevant specifications
- Assist senior engineers in supporting Field Service and Warranty Services with solutions to problems in the field
- Support Sales and Applications for quoting special pump components
- Support global production facilities with resolving issues and ensuring least cost manufacturing
- Participate on cross functional project teams
- Support live order design for engineering and design requirements related to customer orders
- Assist senior engineers in design and conducting complex laboratory and field experiments
- Assist senior engineers in conducting component and/or system modeling, analysis and problem resolution using computer simulation and/or laboratory testing
- Assist senior engineers in creating technical reports for internal and external customer circulation
About the Company:
- B.S. Engineering is required (Mechanical Engineering is preferred)
- CAD and FEA proficiency is required
- Technical writing skills are required
- Proficiency in Excel is required
- Ability to apply fundamental engineering concepts, practices and procedures is required
- Ability to provide timely technical support is required
- Strong written and verbal communication skills are required
- Familiarity with machining and casting practices is preferred
ITT, headquartered in Stamford, CT, operates competitively in more than 35 countries with sales in approximately 125 countries and partners with customers to deliver enduring solutions to the key industries that underpin our modern way of life. The company generated 2021 revenues of $2.8 billion.
ITT was named to the Forbes 2019 list of America's Best Midsize Employers. This achievement recognizes ITT's focus and commitment to fostering a healthy, high-performing culture and creating a work-place defined by innovation and continuous improvement. ITT's CEO and CFO were both recognized as 2020 All-America Executive Team by Institutional Investor magazine. Also bestowed to ITT was the 2018 Manufacturing Leadership Award that distinguishes ITT for its visionary leadership, commitment to employees and workplace culture, and the ability to innovatively solve problems for customers.
ITT operates through three Value Centers (business units): Industrial Process
designs and manufactures pumps, valves, monitoring and control systems, water treatment and aftermarket services for the chemical, oil and gas, mining and other industrial process markets, as well as global service capabilities; Motion Technologies
designs and manufactures brake pads, shock absorbers and sealing solutions for the automotive and rail markets; Connect and Control Technologies
designs and manufactures harsh-environment connectors and critical energy absorption and flow control components primarily for the aerospace, defense and industrial markets.