Moderna is searching for an experienced Sr. Technical Program Manager (TPM) to join the Digital for Research organization and play a pivotal role in driving the successful execution of critical initiatives in the research scientist domain. The Sr. TPM will work closely with cross-functional Product Oriented Delivery (POD) Teams or Squads, including research scientists, product managers, engineers, and data scientists, to ensure seamless integration and delivery of digital tools and platforms that enhance research capabilities and efficiency. If this sounds like the role for you, come help Moderna continue to put the tech in Biotech!
This position is based in Moderna's Cambridge, MA office.
Here's What You'll Do
Here's What You'll Need (Minimum Qualifications)
- Collaborate with product managers, scientists, and relevant stakeholders to understand requirements, challenges, and objectives of our research community.
- Coordinate with POD teams, managing resources and schedules, ensuring alignment with overall business goals and priorities.
- Facilitate cross-functional communication and collaboration within the PODs, ensuring timely execution and delivery of product capabilities.
- Monitor workstream progress within the PODs, identify potential risks, and develop mitigation strategies to address any issues that may arise.
- Communicate status, updates, and relevant information to stakeholders, including senior leadership.
- Champion the adoption of agile methodologies, best practices, and continuous improvement in program management processes across the PODs.
- Maintain a deep understanding of industry trends, emerging technologies, and competitive landscape to inform decision-making and drive innovation within the PODs.
Here's What You'll Bring to the Table (Preferred Qualifications)
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, Engineering, Biotechnology, or a related field.
- A minimum of 9 years of experience in technical program management, ideally in the software or technology industry.
- Familiarity with agile methodologies and project management tools (e.g., JIRA, Confluence, Pendo, etc.).
Moderna is pleased to provide you and your family with a comprehensive and innovative suite of benefits, including:
- Master's degree in computer science, Engineering, or Machine Learning.
- Proven track record of managing complex, multi-disciplinary initiatives from inception to completion.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to build relationships and influence stakeholders at all levels of the organization.
- Prior experience in budgeting and reporting.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment with a strong commitment to innovation and continuous improvement.
- Domain expertise in several of: Security, API integration, application lifecycle management, continuous delivery, web application operations, cloud services.
- Experience working in life sciences, pharma/biotech, or high-tech industries with a preference for experience in one or more of eCommerce, data/machine learning platforms, or cloud infrastructure.
- Experience in a regulated environment.
- Experience working in a matrixed organization.
- A desire to make an impact as part of a high-growth, transformational company that is Bold, Relentless, Curious, and Collaborative.
- Highly competitive and inclusive medical, dental and vision coverage options
- Flexible Spending Accounts for medical expenses and dependent care expenses
- Lifestyle Spending Account funds to help you engage in personal enrichment and self-care activities
- Family care benefits, including subsidized back-up care options and on-demand tutoring
- Free premium access to fitness, nutrition, and mindfulness classes
- Exclusive preferred pricing on Peloton fitness equipment
- Adoption and family-planning benefits
- Dedicated care coordination support for our LGBTQ+ community
- Generous paid time off, including:
• Vacation, sick time and holidays
• Volunteer time to participate within your community
• Discretionary year-end shutdown
• Paid sabbatical after 5 years; every 3 years thereafter
- Generous Paid Leave offerings, including 18 weeks of 100% paid parental leave for all new parents
- 401k match and Financial Planning tools
- Moderna-paid Life, LTD and STD insurance coverages, as well as voluntary benefit options
- Complimentary concierge service including home services research, travel booking, and entertainment requests
- Free parking or subsidized commuter passes
- Location-specific perks and extras!
In over 10 years since its inception, Moderna has transformed from a research-stage company advancing programs in the field of messenger RNA (mRNA), to an enterprise with a diverse clinical portfolio of vaccines and therapeutics across seven modalities, a broad intellectual property portfolio in areas including mRNA and lipid nanoparticle formulation, and an integrated manufacturing plant that allows for rapid clinical and commercial production at scale. Moderna maintains alliances with a broad range of domestic and overseas government and commercial collaborators, which has allowed for the pursuit of both groundbreaking science and rapid scaling of manufacturing. Most recently, Moderna's capabilities have come together to allow the authorized use and approval of one of the earliest and most effective vaccines against the COVID-19 pandemic.
Moderna's mRNA platform builds on continuous advances in basic and applied mRNA science, delivery technology and manufacturing, and has allowed the development of therapeutics and vaccines for infectious diseases, immuno-oncology, rare diseases, cardiovascular diseases and autoimmune diseases. Moderna has been named a top biopharmaceutical employer by Science for the past seven years. To learn more, visit www.modernatx.com.
Moderna is a smoke-free, alcohol-free and drug-free work environment.
Moderna is a place where everyone can grow. If you meet the Basic Qualifications for the role and you would be excited to contribute to our mission every day, please apply!
Moderna is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer.
Moderna is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person's race, color, sex, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, ancestry or citizenship, ethnicity, disability, military or protected veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, marital or familial status, or any other personal characteristic protected under applicable law. Moderna is an E-Verify Employer in the United States. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
Belonging, Inclusion, and Diversity are critical to the success of our company and our impact on society. We're focused on attracting, retaining, developing, and advancing our employees and believe that by cultivating diverse experiences, backgrounds, and ideas, we can provide an environment where every employee is able to contribute their best.
Moderna is committed to offering reasonable accommodations to qualified job applicants with disabilities. Any applicant requiring an accommodation in connection with the hiring process and/or to perform the essential functions of the position for which the applicant has applied should make a request to the Talent Acquisition Partner or contact the Accommodations team at email@example.com. (EEO/AAP Employer)
This job has expired.