LexisNexis is looking for an experienced Principal Site Reliability Engineer (SRE) to join our technically strong collaborative team of engineers. We are looking for candidates who like challenges and are passionate about learning new technologies. In this role, you will code system, infrastructure and application changes to the production environment that improves deployed applications while maintaining system availability and reliability.
LexisNexis provides top-class content, information analytics, and workflow solutions for working legal professionals. We are growing our SRE team with individuals who have a passion for continuous improvement and who will take a leadership role influencing the team direction.
SRE's play an integral role ensuring that our customers have a highly available and reliable platform. The role supports the Lexis Advance platform by participating in the whole lifecycle of services-from inception and design, and then through deployment, operation and further refinement. You will support applications and services before they go live through activities such as system design consulting, developing software platforms and frameworks, capacity planning, and launch reviews. As a Site Reliability engineer, you will scale systems sustainably through mechanisms like automation, and evolve systems by pushing for changes that improve reliability and velocity.
- Work closely with developers in supporting new features and services as they are deployed to production.
- Monitor site availability, reliability, performance and troubleshoot issues.
- Build automation to scale infrastructure based on forecasted demand
- Develop custom tools as necessary
- Document system design and procedures.
- Maintain applications and services once they are live by measuring and monitoring availability, latency and overall system health.
- Practice sustainable incident response and blameless postmortems.
- Partner and lead internal and external technology resources in solving complex business needs
- Participate in an on-call rotation.
- Provide architectural recommendations
- Ensure SLA obligations are met.
- 5+ years' experience as a Software Engineer with the demonstrated ability to write programs using a high-level programming languages like Java, Python, C# and others.
- BS degree in Computer Science or related technical field involving systems engineering (e.g., physics or mathematics), or equivalent practical experience.
- Advanced problem-solving experience involving leading teams in identifying, researching, and coordinating the resources necessary to effectively troubleshoot/diagnose complex project issues; prior success extracting/translating findings into alternatives/solutions; and identifying risks/impacts and schedule adjustments to facilitate management decision-making.
- Good understanding of standard networking protocols and components such as: HTTP, DNS, TCP/IP, ICMP, the OSI Model, Subnetting and Load Balancing.
- Experience with Open Systems: Familiar and comfortable with the following: Apache, Tomcat, Jetty, Redis, Java, network analysis tools, or equivalent.
- Fluent in at least one scripting language, Python experience highly preferred.
- Strong understanding of the AWS ecosystem.
- Strong experience using logging and monitoring tools (ie: Splunk, CloudWatch, NewRelic, ELK)
- Experience with Ansible or other configuration management systems.
- Good understanding of managing containers as scale (Kubernetes, ECS or Mesos)
- Experience with NoSQL databases in the cloud
- Strong familiarity with software configuration management systems and/or source code version control systems, Git experience highly desired
- Excellent English communication skills
LexisNexis, a division of RELX Group, is an equal opportunity employer: qualified applicants are considered for and treated during employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, disability status, protected veteran status, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. If a qualified individual with a disability or disabled veteran needs a reasonable accommodation to use or access our online system, that individual should please contact email@example.com or if you are based in the US you may also contact us on 1.855.833.5120.