GlobalFoundries is a leading full-service semiconductor foundry providing a unique combination of design, development, and fabrication services to some of the world's most inspired technology companies. With a global manufacturing footprint spanning three continents, GlobalFoundries makes possible the technologies and systems that transform industries and give customers the power to shape their markets. GlobalFoundries is owned by Mubadala Investment Company. For more information, visit www.globalfoundries.com.
Summary of Role:
GlobalFoundries Fab 10 is seeking a highly motivated & versatile Unit Process Engineer in Hopewell Junction, New York. The main responsibility of this position is to develop leading edge & novel wafer level packaging processes working with state-of-the art tooling platforms as well as drive associated materials development. The scope of activities cover developing material, process and tooling refinements by working closely with the larger technical GlobalFoundries team and with external vendors to advance the state-of-the-art of the packaging technology.
Your initial and temporary work location will be East Fishkill, NY. This position will relocate to another GlobalFoundries location (TBD) by the corporately aligned date which will be on or around December 2022.
Essential Responsibilities Include:
- Process development concentrating on patterning process advancements for wafer level packaging technology by working with the key technical experts within GlobalFoundries Advanced Si Packaging Development team.
- Develop deep expertise in the lithography processes, materials and tooling leveraging available characterization resources. Drive mechanistic understanding of failure modes
- Drive process schemes to continuously improve yields and to reduce cycle-time & costs. Generate IP related to novel patterning techniques.
- Execute program plans to enable early product prototyping and qualification
Qualifications Required Qualifications:
- Perform all activities in a safe and responsible manner and support all Environmental, Health, Safety & Security requirements and programs
- Education - BSc Chemical Engineering or Material Science
- Experience - 3yrs demonstrated Lithography experience
- Travel - 10%
- Fluent in English
- Education - Master's Degree or PhD in Chemical Engineering or Material Science
- 6 years of demonstrated experience in lithography and/or photoresist materials development and/or with semiconductor patterning equipment platforms
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
An offer of employment with GlobalFoundries is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background check and drug screen, as applicable and subject to applicable laws and regulations.
GlobalFoundries is fully committed to equal opportunity in the workplace and believes that cultural diversity within the company enhances its business potential. GlobalFoundries goal of excellence in business necessitates the attraction and retention of highly qualified people. Artificial barriers and stereotypic biases detract from this objective and may be illegally discriminatory.
All policies and processes which pertain to employees including recruitment, selection, training, utilization, promotion, compensation, benefits, extracurricular programs, and termination are created and implemented without regard to age, ethnicity, ancestry, color, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, race, religion, political and/or third-party affiliation, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other characteristic or category specified by local, state or federal law.
This job has expired.