Datasite is where deals are made. We provide the data rooms and SaaS technology used in M&A and other high-value transactions, to deliver projects in more than 170 countries. Carrying that success into the future is all about you. Your useful skills, your unusual experience, your unique ideas. Everyone here brings something unexpected. What's yours? Invest your talents in us, and we'll return the compliment.
This position is an integral team member of the Accounting Shared Services team and reports to the Shared Services Accounting Manager. This role supports and leads process improvement initiatives prioritized by the Senior Vice President of Accounting and directed by the Shared Services Accounting Manager.
This role will also be the subject matter expert for all global commission and bonus processes, which includes championing related process enhancements and system upgrades. This role will work collaboratively and cross functionally with other team members in sales, accounting, finance, and human resources. Qualified candidates will have strong attention to detail and accuracy. Ideal candidate loves to improve processes, embrace change, and help us move the organization forward.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Accountable for the calculation and payout of global sales commissions and bonuses; ensuring calculations are performed accurately and in a timely manner.
- Prepare journal entries and account reconciliations; provide supporting documentation during the close; such as calculating, validating, and recording commission accruals, re-classes and adjustments.
- Prepare and process monthly commission payments; working with global payroll administrators.
- Prepare and process monthly, quarterly, and annual incentive statements and supporting reports per the various incentive plans.
- Implement new incentive plans and bonus programs into the commissions process with a broad understanding of all downstream impacts.
- Understand transactional workflow, be knowledgeable about the sources of data, and ensure data integrity.
- Participate in the incentive compensation plan design with HR and the Sales organization.
- Prepare audit schedules as requested, including the support documentation.
- Update and maintain process documentation for accounting processes.
- Work with the VP of Accounting and Shared Services Manager to coordinate and prioritize projects and drive action.
- Complete analysis and provide recommendations to management that will help improve processes and procedures within the accounting team.
- Work with team members to implement a new ERP system.
- Communicate regularly with operational business partners to identify issues and areas for operational improvement, share knowledge about financial trends and upcoming changes.
- Effectively partner with cross-functional teams to support business initiatives, drive process improvements and implement best practices.
- Develop accounting solutions for enterprise projects, new product offerings and process simplification and improvements.
- Ensure compliance with all company accounting policies, procedures, and internal controls.
- Approach commissions and other projects with a continuous improvement mindset. Suggest/document process improvements, streamlining of related processes, and recommend changes to improve transparency and efficiency for the global process.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or finance required
This job has expired.
- Required - 3+ years of experience in a business partner role that has supported sales executives and quota carriers in the creation of compensation commission plans; including both plan design through payment and analysis processes.
- Strongly preferred - Previous experience working with sales/revenue commissions, data analytics, and large scale enterprise processes/systems.
- 5 to 8 years professional accounting experience
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy is a must
- Knowledge of U.S. Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) preferred
- High regard for confidential information and excellent professional judgement
- Ability to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization to answer questions, resolve issues, and provide information and documentation related to commissions
- Provide high quality customer service through highly accurate technical work as well as excellent attention to detail and follow-through
- Advanced excel skills including experience with complex formulas (e.g. v-lookups, sumif, etc.), pivot tables, conditional formatting, etc.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and the ability to troubleshoot and problem solve
- Ability to adapt to change and identify process improvements
- Ability to manage and manipulate large amounts of data from multiple sources and systems
- Flexible work hours necessary to accommodate critical deadlines and international business needs
- Minimal travel required