The Supervisor, Premium Audit oversees the day to day administration of audits. Performs supervisorial duties including training, discipline and mentoring to direct reports. Communicates any issues to th e proper authority- audit leadership , IT, HR, etc.-and works with them to resolve any such issues. Investigates, examines, and reports on financial and operational characteristics of commercial business operations to determine earned premium on casualty coverage and other auditable exposures by performing the following duties.
- Investigates and verifies the premium base exposures according to policy contract terms, manual rules, company filings, and procedures.
- Complies with state regulations and company guidelines, and maintains working knowledge of all insurance manuals, premium audit manuals, and related material.
- Provides training, mentoring and technical guidance to direct reports and other internal staff employees.
- Resolves audited earned premium discrepancies with insureds, agents, underwriting, and collections
- Communicate with insureds and agents through written correspondence and telephone calls to gather information
- Provides excellent customer service to both internal and external customers throughout the life cycle of the premium audit function.
- Keeps current with manual rules, market trends and demands.
- Performs other functionally related duties as assigned.
Qualifications Qualifications: Required:
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business, or related discipline OR equivalent experience
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
- Strong organizational, analytical, and interpretive skills.
- Ability to effectively multi-task and work in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment
- 3 or more years of related premium audit experience
- Associates in Premium Audit Program (APA) certification preferred
This job description is designed to provide a general overview of the requirements of the job and does not entail a comprehensive listing of all activities, duties, or responsibilities that will be required in this position. AmTrust has the right to revise this job description at any time