At Optiv, we're on a mission to help our clients make their businesses more secure. We're one of the fastest growing companies in a truly essential industry.
In your role at Optiv, you'll be inspired by a team of the brightest business and technical minds in cybersecurity. We are passionate champions for our clients, and know from experience that the best solutions for our clients' needs come from working hard together. As part of our team, your voice matters, and you will do important work that has impact, on people, businesses and nations. Our industry and our company move fast, and you can be sure that you will always have room to learn and grow. We're proud of our team and the important work we do to build confidence for a more connected world.
The Practice Manager is responsible for technical leadership and personnel management of a service delivery practice area within one of the consulting services divisions. The Practice Manager ensures that appropriate methodologies are in place, current and enforced for the execution of the services aligned under the practice division. The Practice Manager also provides delivery quality oversight from a technical and leadership perspective to include enforcement of the defined methodologies as well as preliminary deliverable review to ensure content is appropriate, comprehensive and addresses the requirements of the project.
How you'll make an impact:
Qualifications for Success:
- Management and oversight of a workgroup/function with a responsibility to develop team members to perform at a higher level by giving opportunities, providing timely continuous feedback, and communicating expectations.
- Ensure testing, analysis and/or approach methodologies for all relevant service offerings are documented, updated and enforceable across the consultants within the group
- Provide preliminary and comprehensive review of project deliverables to ensure content is appropriate and address the requirements of the project as defined in the statement of work and as desired by the customer. The Practice Manager is responsible for initial deliverable review and collaboration with the consultants on the project and then enables the QA review process before delivering the project to the customer contacts.
- As both a leader/mentor and as a billable resource - participate in customer engagements to ensure standards for technical execution are being adhered to and less seasoned consultants are being groomed for success within their role.
- While Practice Managers do recognize revenue on billable engagements, the focus of customer billable activities should be delivered
- QA reviews
- Remote consultant coaching/training during engagements
- Engagement Initiation (Kick-off Calls, onsite presentations, first day of onsite work for meet & greet, etc.)
- Engagement Close Out (preliminary out-brief, deliverable review, formal presentations, etc.)
- In addition to the methodologies and checklists - ensure resources leveraged by the consultants are current and accurate
- Delivery methodologies
- Deliverable automation utility (when created)
- Work with the Consulting Delivery Management organization to review staffing assignments and assist in staffing decisions for engagements
- Keep current skills matrix updated for the Delivery Management group
- Work with consultants being staffed on projects to ensure they have adequate resources and engagement delivery plans in place to execute the required scope successfully
- Review daily status reports (whether manual or through automated portal) for engagements occurring within their group for technical quality and work directly with consultants if improvements or modifications are needed
- Participate in client kickoff and out-brief calls when required (non-principal resources executing) and help consultants to craft appropriate materials for those meetings/presentations
- Ensure that consultants are working with the account team and practice SA's regarding identified customer opportunities during the engagement
- Ensure post-engagement report is filled out for the AM team
- Track consultant opportunity identification performance on each engagement and provide coaching (where appropriate) to improve performance
- Provide ongoing updates and collaboration on deliverable templates and PIAB materials for their group on at least a quarterly basis to ensure documentation standards are consistent with the other consulting groups and current with evolving needs and requirements
- Personnel Management
- Work with consultants to ensure staffing decisions take their goals and desires into account, pair up resources as required and provide support and mentorship throughout an engagement as required or when there is a skills gap
- Work with consultants on annual training goals and planning to enhance the skill set required for their role
- Work with consultants to develop research or training plans that are necessary for pre-engagement skill building and keep track of the pending project funnel to understand where gaps may exist
- Work with consultants to develop research goals that will have defined quarterly timelines
- Ensure consultant bench time is properly utilized for meeting practice research goals and necessary skills improvement
- Track consultant performance on a per project basis across pertinent criteria and collaborate with Delivery Management to maintain accurate data for ongoing performance reviews
- Perform semi-annual performance reviews with consultants reporting to you to review strengths, weaknesses and address career path goals, practice initiatives and training requirements
- Assist in identifying and qualifying potential candidates to join the team
- Assist in defining appropriate job descriptions and requirements for current and potential candidates
- Sales Support & Tier 3 Subject Matter Expertise
- Responsible for the presales content relevant to their practice area for all offerings relative to their group. While these documents are 'owned' by marketing or services sales specifically, the specific methodology outlines and content that is fed into the presales materials is to be maintained by the Practice Manager (and their relative Principals and Managing Principals as appropriate). This includes:
- Customer facing 1-pagers/slicks
- Internal sales battle-cards
- Practice service descriptions (for brochures, website content, etc.)
- Provide support to Practice Area sales organization (solutions architects) with technical expertise and resources specific to their practice division. Work with sales resources to determine any gaps in current materials and provide content to support the materials necessary to close those gaps.
- Provide direct sales support to Optiv Account Managers and inside sales reps when required for client interaction (demonstrating expertise) as well as technical scoping support for engagements to be executed by their practice
- Provide support for SoW review relative to their practice and resources as required
- Assist Solutions Architects in the creation of sales training materials for their focus areas offerings and solutions
- On a quarterly basis - review and update any and all sanitized work product examples designed for account managers to present to customers
- Assist in identifying appropriate subcontractors for relevant practice projects and create subcontractor SoWs where necessary. Work with Delivery Management organization to track incoming subcontractor SoWs for appropriate project setup, tracking and hour entry
- #Experience managing professional services teams in a high growth company.
- Personnel management experience typically gained in 3-5 years.
- Information Risk Management or Information Security experience typically gained in a minimum of 5 years.
- Experience working with the following regulatory requirements and strategic initiatives typically gained in 5 - 7 years:
o FISMA (NIST)
o Risk Assessments
o Risk Management
- Valid Driver's License
- Ability to travel 50 percent of the time
- Ability to work greater than 40 hours per week as needed
- High School Diploma or GED
- BS/BBA Preferred but not required
- CISSP certification a plus
If you are seeking a culture that supports growth, fosters success and moves the industry forward, find your place at Optiv! As a market-leading provider of cyber security solutions, Optiv has the most comprehensive ecosystem of security products and partners to deliver unparalleled services. Our rich and successful history with our clients is based on trust, serving more than 12,000 clients of varying sizes and industries, including commercial, government and education. We have the proven expertise to plan, build, and run successful security programs across Risk Management, Cyber Digital Transformation, Threat Management, Security Operations - Managed Services and Identity and Data Management.With Optiv you can expect:
• A company committed to championing Diversity, Equality and Inclusion through Affinity groups including but not limited to, Women's Network, Optiv Pride, Black Employee Network, and Veterans Support Network.
• Work/life balance. We offer "Recharge" a flexible, time-off program that encourages eligible employees to take the time they need to recharge
• Professional training resources, including tuition reimbursement
• Creative problem-solving and the ability to tackle unique, complex projects
• Volunteer Opportunities. "Optiv Chips In" encourages employees to volunteer and engage with their teams and communities.
• The ability and technology necessary to productively work remote/from home (where applicable)
Optiv is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, status as an individual with a disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.
This job has expired.