Responsible for the technical start- up for large, high-profile orders as directed by the Site Manager and Senior Project Start Up Engineer. The PSE will rely on direction to perform a number of work related tasks and is capable of working under direct supervision or independently based upon training and experience.
Essential Job Functions:
- Render on site and phone assistance to customers.
- Perform work related tasks according to company guidelines for scheduled maintenance
- Implement Field Change Notices according to published guidelines
- Keep current on Safety Bulletins, Safety Field Change Notices, Field Change Notices, and Service Tips
- Operate in a safe manner in accordance with published safety guidelines
- Must wear appropriate PPE as per company guidelines and accordance with job duties
- Adhere to work hours policy guidelines
- Report all work related accidents or injuries within 24 hours to the appropriate personnel.
- Provide accurate and timely reporting according to company guidelines
- Time cards, expense reports, mileage reports, ticket closure, forms et al.
- Maintain individual inventory in accordance with company policy
- Maintain company property according to company policies
- Complete scheduled maintenance documentation properly and provide to the customer and local office upon completion of each designated assignment
- Strive to provide all customers a "first time fix" for their equipment
- Maintain customer satisfaction rates according to company guidelines
- Attend Customer Meetings as required
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Maximize productivity by combining service opportunities
- Complete all work in an efficient and timely manner
- Capable of making technical decisions under pressure
- Maintain productive utilization rate according to company guidelines
- Perform inventory cycle counts according to company guidelines
- Adhere to company dress code and safety regulations
- Meet or exceed on-site response time requirements for each customer
- Understand and comply with company startup/escalation processes and procedures
- Equivalent industry experience and/or Technical or Undergraduate Degree
- Strong Interpersonal Skills
- Team Player
- Familiarity with electrical / electronic test equipment and fundamentals
- Must be able to read and interpret electrical line diagrams and blueprints
- Ability to make basic site evaluation skills to include: environmental temperature, and general operating conditions
- Elementary fix/repair techniques based on directed supervision
- Capable of completing tasks and return unit to full operating conditions based upon directed supervision
- Ability to summarize and report all work related tasks performed
- Strong skill sets:
- Communication skills
- Customer service skills
- Troubleshooting skills
- Safety procedures
- Organizational and planning skills
- Computer skills
- Mechanical aptitude
While performing duties of the above jobs, the associate is regularly required to stand, walk, use hands and fingers, handle or feel objects, tools or other components; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk, hear and smell. The associate frequently is required to sit and climb or balance. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distant vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Must have ability to regularly lift at least 50 pounds TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS:
STANDARD SAFETY AND TRAINING REQUIREMENTS:
- Willing to travel anywhere in North America ~80% of the time. Schedule is dependent upon project work and is flexible to the degree it can be. This is worked out on a case by case basis with your assigned project manager. PTO scheduled in advance can and will be accommodated.
- Does NOT require relocation to a Vertiv headquarter or regional office at this time.
- This is "project work" which typical projects last anywhere from 6-12 months on average. It can vary based on schedule and progress.
- Options for downtime (i.e. in between projects), employee can take PTO, training, regional work, and "home office" work.
- Typical schedule is to work 4-6 weeks and then 1-2 weeks back at "home base" depending on project schedule. This varies based on the phase of the project.
- Expect to receive accelerated on-job-training (OJT) and experience due to the nature of this work. Excellent career jump start and then settle down in a region (if and when you choose to do so).
- Field New Hire Orientation
- OSHA 30 Hour Construction
- NFPA 70E Electrical Safety (Instructor Led)
- Services Safety Online Safety Courses
- CPR/First Aid/ AED Training
- Electronic Quality Systems
- Injury Incident Reporting
- Safety Incident Reporting
- Stop Work Authority Policy
The successful candidate will reflect and embrace Vertiv's Values and Behaviors: OUR VALUES
• Acting Like an Owner
• Assuming Positive intent in all employee interactions
• Being passionate about your work
• Challenging yourself in personal development
• Being tireless in exceeding customer expectations
• Assisting others to be successful as a team
• Owning our own mistakes quickly
• Talking with people and NOT about them
• Creating a culture where people can be their best OUR BEHAVIORS
• Be self-aware and learn
• Embrace the customer experience
• Think and act broadly
• Drive change and innovation
• Leverage diversity for organization effectiveness
• Foster collaborative relationships
• Take intelligent risks
At Vertiv, we offer the stability of a global leader in a growing industry and the opportunity of a startup. We design, manufacture and service the mission-critical infrastructure technologies for vital applications in data centers, communication networks and commercial and industrial environments. With $5.0 billion in revenue, a strong customer base and global reach in nearly 70 countries, our move to establish a standalone business enables us to deliver greater value to our customers and create new opportunities for our people.
Vertiv is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We promote equal opportunities for all with respect to hiring, terms of employment, mobility, training, compensation, and occupational health, without discrimination as to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, pregnancy status (including childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity / expression (including transgender status or sexual stereotypes), genetic information, citizenship status, national origin, protected veteran status, political affiliation, or disability. If you have a disability and are having difficulty accessing or using this website to apply for a position, you can request help by sending an email to email@example.com
No calls or agencies please. Vertiv will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. This is not a position for which sponsorship will be provided. Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.