Marsh McLennan is the industry leader in helping companies create dynamic solutions that make a difference in the moments that matter. We are searching for a Lead Platform Developer, who can be based in Westlake, TX, Chicago, IL, Hoboken, NJ or Louisville, KY.
Platform - Lead Software Developer
What can you expect?
• This is an opportunity to join an agile, leading edge global team during an exciting time within DevOps for Marsh McLennan.
• You will lead software development activities related to the MMC Kubernetes hosting platform.
• This is a great opportunity for someone who has the desire to work with teams that are passionate about innovation and creating amazing client experiences.
What's in it for you?
• Work for a global company with excellent benefits and a dynamic culture.
• Excellent growth/advancement opportunity.
• Work with collaborative successful colleagues who truly care about the work and each other while maintaining work life balance.
We will count on you to:
• Help define the vision, implement strategies and develop code to enhance the platform with a focus on consumer experience, efficiency and scalability.
• Partner with Software engineering teams and Platform engineers on development of the platform.
• Act as a consultant and subject matter expert for Senior MMC Leadership, Project Managers, Software and Engineering teams, to navigate the constantly changing technology landscape and identify appropriate tactical and strategic solutions to deliver self-service, automated cloud and container based applications environments
What you need to have:
• Subject matter expert for Kubernetes, API Development and continuous integration technologies
• AWS/Azure public cloud experience in development and architecture
• Experience with SOAP and REST APIs to support integration of infrastructure, cloud and platform as a service technologies
• Knowledge of web, security, and networking protocols, private cloud or on premise solution architecture experience
What makes you stand out:
• Experience with web-based applications and/or web services-based applications
• A commitment to best practices and striving for the elimination of manual operational processes to promote a DevOps oriented software delivery model