Veolia Group aims to be the benchmark company for ecological transformation. With nearly 220,000 employees worldwide, the Group designs and provides game-changing solutions that are both useful and practical for water, waste and energy management. Through its three complementary business activities, Veolia helps to develop access to resources, preserve available resources and replenish them. In 2021, the Veolia group provided 79 million inhabitants with drinking water and 61 million with sanitation, produced nearly 48 million megawatt hours and recovered 48 million tonnes of waste. Veolia Environnement (Paris Euronext: VIE) achieved consolidated revenue of 28,508 billion euros in 2021. www.veolia.com
The Plant Manager is responsible for all day to day operation, maintenance, fiscal and
administrative functions of the Project. Responsible for the efficient, economical and safe
operation of Project Equipment, Capital Equipment and Project Work Force. Manages all areas of responsibility consistent with Site Procedures, the O&M Agreement, Owner's Plan of Operations, Energy Services Agreement (if applicable), governmental requirements, and good utility practices. Communicates regularly with immediate superior and the Owner's Project Director for information exchange, consultation, guidance and required approvals.
PRIMARY DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES
- Interface with the Owner to deliver services under the Service Agreement.
- Develop and report monthly on Plant budgets and work with contractors and the Owner to insure we meet or exceed Annual Operating and Capital budget goals, while delivering all services required in the contract.
- Have proven leadership and communication skills to clearly provide goals to the operating staff and project updates, monthly reports to the Owner.
- Manage Project Work Force in the performance of assigned duties, including communicating and monitoring project, safety, environmental and client satisfaction goals.
- Coordinate with Operator's Corporate Personnel Department regarding the hiring or termination of Operator Project personnel.
- Oversee training of Operator Project personnel in the safe operation and maintenance of Project and Capital Equipment.
- Promote personnel safety and professional growth through written procedures and on-going training programs.
- Ensure that the information contained in Site Work Procedures and that are available to all Operator Project personnel and that when necessary, appropriate disciplinary action is administered in a fair and consistent manner.
- Analyze and make recommendations regarding appropriate and efficient Project Work Force staffing levels. Responsible for timely reporting as required by Site Procedures, the O&M Agreement, and governmental requirements.
- Ensure prompt and timely exchange of information to appropriate parties regarding all items of interest to the Project (for example: safety, efficiency, availability, reliability, economics, Project betterment and extended life).
- Responsible for the planning, scheduling and performance of all Project related subcontractor work.
- Plan unit outages (must fit dispatching needs) and prepare operating shift schedules to accommodate Project operation and scheduled maintenance.
- Prepare budgets and control operating expense at or below budgeted levels.
- Assist in development, ongoing revision, maintenance and accuracy of Site Procedures as well as oversee implementation and monitor compliance.
- Organize and implement equipment and system commissioning, operational and maintenance history files in order to identify developing trends and permit correction of degrading equipment performance.
- To maximize Project capacity factor, availability, performance and efficiency:
- Set Project operating goals for the above.
- Review operating and maintenance data on a continuing basis.
- Investigate equipment problems and make the necessary corrections promptly.
- Identify potential design changes in equipment, cycle improvements, and/or procedures.
- Take the necessary action to obtain information and engineering assistance which may be required to operate the Project efficiently and at the highest possible output consistent with equipment life.
- Work with Operator and Owner representatives to identify, procure and maintain spare parts and inventory consistent with the goals of the Project.
- Inform the applicable contractual parties of all progress, potential problems and significant events pertaining to Project Equipment, Capital Equipment, and the Project Work Force.
- Maintain adequate records and confidentiality regarding:
- Personnel performance
- Salary administration
- Individual equipment performance and maintenance
- History - unit output
- Responsible to properly ensure adherence to the provisions of any Collective Bargaining Agreements associated with the Project.
- Ensure compliance with Energy Services Agreement (if applicable) with emphasis on maximizing profits and minimizing penalties.
- Responsible to their immediate supervisor to ensure that they comply with the Environmental Compliance Program and that they have taken all reasonable precautions to prevent incidents of noncompliance by themselves or on the part of others. They shall further be responsible to immediately report to their supervisor any known or suspected violations to the environmental program or any situation they suspect could lead to a violation.
- Responsible to their immediate supervisor to ensure development of a safety program that complies with all Federal and State requirements. They shall also be responsible to appoint in writing a Site Safety/Environmental Coordinator to administer the safety program.
- Develop parameters for an employee incentive program.
- Ensure that proper personal hygiene is required for all employees
- Responsible to ensure good public/community relations on behalf of Owner and Operator.
- Responsible to maintain confidentiality of information available to the position.
- Perform all duties and responsibilities assigned by the immediate supervisor to this position, but not specifically stated in this description.
- The Plant Manager determines own practices and procedures, contributing to the development of new concepts, and performing duties independently with only general directions given.
- Decisions are made within policy constraints. The Plant Manager encounters new and varied work situations, extremely complex in nature.
- The Plant Manager is accountable for the plant's long-range planning. The Plant Manager must effectively communicate information to the Vice President, Power Plant Operations/Technical Services, Plant Supervisors and client representatives relative to the overall operations of the plant. The Plant Manager must perform duties, and ensure all plant personnel are performing duties, in a safe manner resulting in no accidents, in compliance with all environmental permits at all times and in compliance with the applicable NERC Standards. The Plant Manager must perform duties, and ensure all plant personnel are performing duties, in such a way to result in an optimum cost-benefit ratio.
- All employees have the responsibility to both the customer and their co-workers to do the job right the first time and to ensure the customer's needs are being met.
Education / Experience / Background
- Bachelor of Science degree in engineering or equivalent preferred, with preference for Marine Engine work experience. 10+ years of power plant or similar experience required.
- At least 3 years experience supervising technical, supervisory and administrative personnel. Strong leadership and motivational skills required.
- Physical requirements include: possibility of working on feet for extensive periods, requiring stair and ladder climbing. Protective equipment must be worn in the performance of some Rev. 0 Kings Plaza 10-31-22 -4- PLANT MANAGER duties (e.g. hard hats, safety glasses, air masks, ear protection, chemical suits, hot gloves and high voltage protective equipment, etc.).
- Position requires extended working hours and varied shifts with the possibility of weekend and holiday work, as required by schedules, work load and plant conditions. \'On call\' status will periodically be required.
- All employees will participate in the Fitness for Duty Program. This program includes a post- offer physical examination and drug screening and post employment random drug screening.
- There are extensive smoking restrictions in and around the facility.
A subsidiary of Veolia group, Veolia North America (VNA) offers a full spectrum of water, waste and energy management services, including water and wastewater treatment, commercial and hazardous waste collection and disposal, energy consulting and resource recovery. VNA helps commercial, industrial, healthcare, higher education and municipality customers throughout North America. Headquartered in Boston, Mass., Veolia North America has more than 10,000 employees working at more than 350 locations across the continent.
This job has expired.