Oversee all functional areas of the operation, including materials, production, quality, manufacturing engineering and human resources, reporting to the General Manager of the Berea, KY manufacturing location.
Education and Training
- Manages, coordinates, provides leadership to and directs the work of assigned staff.
- Providing direct reports with the skills to lead, coach, and mentor their direct reports.
- Reviews day-to-day departmental operations to ensure compliance with goals, authorizes overtime, and controls costs. Reviews proposed changes to work methods.
- Manages the development and maintaining manufacturing processes and technologies to support zero defects, ensure on-time delivery, and be cost competitive.
- Maintain corporate standards with regard to appearance of plant and property.
- Provides information to facilitate the coordination of overall organization distribution and customer service functions. Collects information on present and future distribution needs.
- Ensures planning systems are coordinated to exceed customer expectations.
- Ensures on-time delivery and quality objectives are met and takes timely corrective action when below objectives.
- Analyzes slow-moving surplus inventories and recommends appropriate action.
- Coordinates distribution efforts to effectively achieve the introduction of new products and minimize obsolesce.
- Protects our employees, assets, environment, and community.
- Assure accountability and discipline within the plant.
- Responsible for leading the plant safety efforts.
- Actively manages all aspects of the safety and health process utilizing established OSHA VPP systems developed and deployed within operations.
- Encourages and reinforces active involvement of shop floor personnel throughout the safety system processes.
- Manage continuous improvement processes to achieve consistent improvements in key operating metrics and ensures continuous improvement processes & culture are established and reinforced.
- Maintain and reinforces a positive working relationship with all levels of the organization
- Utilize and reinforce team approach to develop plant synergies.
- Reinforce and model appropriate behaviors to demonstrate corporate values.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by management.
- Bachelor's Degree required.
- A minimum of 7 to 10 years in a business to business environment with a technical/ engineered product and experience in the heavy commercial truck, construction, or other heavy-duty equipment industries.
- Experience in material flow and lean manufacturing concepts required.
- A track record of profitable market share growth and business development with an industrial product.
- An understanding of packaging, material systems, JIT and line-set sequencing required.
- Extensive experience with large captive customers where both "push and pull" marketing is utilized required
- Excellent planning and organization skills with an ability to handle a multitude of projects independently required.
- An understanding of the financial aspects of product and facility profitability required.
- Excellent people and communications skills.
- Experienced in all aspects of lean manufacturing principles and practices.
- Constant sitting
- Occasional walking and standing
- Minimal bending, squatting, kneeling, climbing and reaching
- Lifting 1-5 lbs.
- Carry up to 5 lbs. approximately 25 feet
- Push/Pull 1-10 lbs. of force 5 feet
- Travel up to 20% of the time
- Work Environment: Office/Administrative
- Lighting: Adequate.
- Ventilation: Adequate.
- Temperature: Temperature Controlled with AC/Heat.
Hendrickson is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexualorientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
- Innovative - Feeling comfortable in fast-changing environments; being willing to take risks and to consider new and untested approaches
- Persuasive - Building commitment by convincing others and winning them over to your point of view
- Excitement - Operating with a good deal of energy, intensity and emotional expression; having a capacity for keeping others enthusiastic and involved
- Tactical - Emphasizing the production of immediate results by focusing on short-range, hands-on, practical strategies
- Feedback - Letting others know in a straightforward manner what you think of them, how well they have performed and if they have met your needs and expectations
- Production - Adopting a strong orientation toward achievement, holding high expectations for yourself and others, pushing yourself and others to achieve at high levels
- Cooperation - Accommodating the needs and interests of others by being willing to defer performance on your own objectives in order to assist colleagues with theirs
- Consensual - Valuing the ideas and opinions of others and collecting their input as part of your decision-making process.
- Empathy - Demonstrating an active concern for people and their needs by forming close and supportive relationships with others
- Attention to Detail - Diligently attends to details and pursues quality in accomplishing tasks
- Development & Continual Learning - Displays an ongoing commitment to learning and self-improvement.
- Facilitating Groups - Enables cooperative and productive group interactions.
- Influencing Others - Gets others excited about and committed to furthering the organization's objectives.
- Interviewing Others - Asks questions in ways that enhance the clarity, quality, and reliability of information.
- Listening - Understands and learns from what others say.
- Managing Projects or Programs - Structures and directs others' work on projects or programs.
- Mediating Disputes - Helps others resolve complex or sensitive disagreements and conflicts.
- Negotiating Agreements - Reaches deals or compromises.
- Reading Comprehension - Grasps the meaning of information written in English, and applies it to work situations.
- Relationship Building - Builds constructive working relationships characterized by a high level of acceptance, cooperation, and mutual respect.
- Researching Information - Identifies, collects, and organizes data for analysis and decision-making.
- Safety Focus - Adheres to all workplace and trade safety laws, regulations, standards, and practices.
- Self-Management - Manages own time, priorities, and resources to achieve goals
- Speaking - Conveys ideas and facts orally using language the audience will best understand.
- Stress Tolerance - Maintains composure in highly stressful or adverse situations.
- Tact - Diplomatically handles challenging or tense interpersonal situations.
- Teamwork - Promotes cooperation and commitment within a team to achieve goals and deliverables.
- Training and presenting information- Formally delivers information to groups.
- Valuing Diversity - Helps create a work environment that embraces and appreciates diversity.
- Writing - Conveys ideas and facts in writing using language the reader will best understand.