Pipette Calibration Technician II - San Juan Capistrano, CA - Monday to Friday
Under the direction of the Manager, Bio-Analytical Instrumentation, a Pipette Technician II, organizes and provides all calibration, repair, preventative maintenance, and technical support for single channel, multi-channel, bottle top, Dilutor liquid handling devices. Ensures that monthly goals and objectives for each department are accomplished in accordance with the SOP. Will be the liaison with manufactures to ensure that goals and objectives of projects are accomplished within prescribed timeframes.
- Provide calibration, repairs, and preventative maintenance to single channel, multi-channel, and repeater pipette device
- Acts as department point of contact with laboratory employees and management
- Acts as the point of contact for vendors coming on-site
- Promptly identifies issues within the laboratory and handles escalated concerns
- Helps Manager troubleshoot department issues including staffing, vendor scheduling, supplies, and space
- Maintain adequate parts inventory for instrument maintenance and repair.
- Scope of work to include, but not limited to, Thermometer Calibration and other small metrology instruments
- Work in an ISO structured environment. Knowledge of ISO 9001, ISO 17025, GMP, CAP
- Liaison with manufactures to ensure that goals and objectives of projects are accomplished within prescribed timeframes
- Attention to detail; work in a highly documented and controlled environment and keep a working knowledge of regulatory standards
- Collect, compile, and measure data to support calibration traceability documentation/certificates
- Understand and follow calibration SOP's
- Consistently meet deadlines
- Mechanically inclined
- Ability to work independently and well within a team environment
- Ability to communicate and work effectively with departments
QUALIFICATIONSRequired Work Experience:
Preferred Work Experience:
- 1-2 years as a Pipette Technician I or equivalent required
- Must be meeting all performance standards in a Pipette Technician I role
N/APhysical and Mental Requirements:
- Physical and mental demands that will include sitting for long periods of time and focusing on the task at hand.
- Light lifting maybe required.
- Ability to walk distances (large facility)
- Computer stills
- Ability to learn new programs
High School Diploma or Equivalent(Required)
All certificates of completion from manufacture's training, if applicable2022-27026