Shift Schedule: FT/Day/40 - Monday - Friday 6:00AM - 6:00PM, hours will vary, Rotational Saturday
Location: New Britain Metro
This role will direct daily activity at a Patient Service Center (PSC) or In-Office Phlebotomy (IOP) and could also lead one or more PSR on site.
The PSR II - Float will demonstrate Quest Leadership Behaviors while focusing on process excellence skills and sensitivity to confidentiality and accuracy to patient information. Successful applicants may be assigned to a doctor's office, a patient service center, in a house call environment, long term care or as business needs dictate.
The expected base hourly wage range for this position is from $15.48 - $23.24. Salary offers are based on a wide range of factors including relevant skills, training, experience, education, and, where applicable, certifications obtained. Market and organizational factors are also considered. Successful candidates may be eligible to receive annual performance bonus compensation.
Benefits Information: We are proud to offer best-in-class benefits and programs to support employees and their families in living healthy, happy lives. Our pay and benefit plans have been designed to promote employee health in all respects - physical, financial, and developmental. Some of the benefits offered include:
§ Medical/Prescription Drugs
§ Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
§ Supplemental Health Plans
§ 401(k) Plan - Company match dollar-for-dollar up to 5%
§ Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP)
§ Supplemental Life Insurance
§ Dependent Life Insurance
§ Short- and Long-Term Disability buy-up
§ Blueprint for Wellness
§ Emotional Well-Being Resources
§ Educational Assistance
§ Paid Time Off (PTO) / Health Time
§ Variable Compensation Plans
- Collect specimens according to established procedures. This includes, but not limited to: drug screens, biometric screening and insurance exams.
- Administer oral solutions according to established training.
- Research test/client information and confirm and verify all written and electronic orders by utilizing lab technology systems or directory of services.
- Responsible for completing all data entry requirements accurately including data entry of patient registration; entry of test order from requisition or pulling order from database; managing Standing Orders.
- Enter billing information and collect payments when required, including the safeguarding of assets and credit card information.
- Data entry and processing specimens including labeling, centrifuging, splitting, and freezing specimens as required by test order.
- Perform departmental-related clerical duties when assigned such as data entry, inventory, stock supplies, and answer phones when needed.
- Read, understand and comply with departmental policies, protocols and procedures: (i.e. Procedure Manuals, Safety Manual, Compliance Manual, Automobile Policies and Procedures, Employee Handbook, Quality Assurance Manual); and ensure that all staff members follow instructions.
- Perform verification of patient demographic info/initials including patient signature post-venipuncture to verify tubes were labeled in their presence and that the name on the label is correct.
- Assist with compilation and submission of monthly statistics and data.
- Maintain all appropriate phlebotomy logs in a timely manner and based on frequency, such as maintenance logs and temperature logs.
- Complete training courses and keep up-to-date with the latest phlebotomy techniques.
- Travel to Territory Manager meeting if held off-site or off normal shift.
- Participate on special projects and teams.
- Stay up to date on company communications and assist with the distribution of technical information to the work group.
- Perform Point of Care (POC) testing at those sites where needed and the complete training/competency evaluations per Standing Operating Procedure (SOP).
- With appropriate training, act as mentor and resource for new employees, assisting with transition into the PSC work environment and the familiarity with established procedures.
- Assist with periodic inventory counts, report shortages and problems to group leader or supervisor as they occur.
- Assist with the preparation of schedules for the assigned workgroup or PSC's.
- Communicate professionally with clients to resolve or refer, and document problems, prepare problem documentation and report critical issues as they occur.
- Ensure staff is following all safety precautions by wearing a clean, button lab coat, gloves and face shield when required.
- Assist supervisors with the implementation of SOPs for phlebotomy services in accordance with Quest Diagnostics guidelines.
- Ensure facilities are neat, clean and in good repair, takes appropriate action to advise Group Leader or Supervisor of required repairs and maintenance.
- Will be required to act as a coach, mentor, instructor and resource advisor for new employees, as well as be the point of contact to staff on-site and provide regular input to the group lead or supervisor.
QUALIFICATIONSRequired Work Experience:
Preferred Work Experience:
- Three years phlebotomy experience required, inclusive of pediatric, geriatric, and capillary collections.
- Keyboard/data entry experience.
- Flexible and available based on staffing needs, which includes weekends, holidays, on-call and overtime.
- Must have reliable transportation, valid driver license, and clean driving record, if applicable.
- Travel and flexible hours required to work multiple locations and required to cover at Patient Service Center/Mobile/Long-Term Care/In-Office Phlebotomy locations with minimal notice.
Physical and Mental Requirements:
- Minimum 2 years in a Patient Service Center environment preferred.
- Customer service in a retail or service environment preferred
- Lift light to moderately heavy objects. The normal performance of duties may require lifting and carrying objects. Objects in the weight range of 1 to 15 pounds are lifted and carried frequently; objects in the weight range of 16 to 25 pounds are lifted and carried occasionally and objects in the weight range of 26 to 40 pounds are seldom lifted and carried. Objects exceeding 41 pounds are not to be lifted or carried without assistance.
- Must be able to sit or stand for long periods of time; requires long hours of eye and hand coordination.
- Must be able to perform repetitive tasks with dominant hand frequently to constantly throughout the day.
- Position requires travel.
- Extensive use of phone and PC.
- Fine dexterity with hands/steadiness.
- Committed to all Quest Diagnostics Policies & Procedures including Company dress code, Employee Health & Safety, and Quest Diagnostics Everyday Excellence Guiding Principles.
- Ability to provide quality, error free work in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work independently with minimal on-site supervision.
- Excellent phlebotomy skills to include pediatric and geriatric
- Must demonstrate Superior Customer Focus; ability to communicate openly and transparently with peers, supervisors and patients; ability to accelerate and embrace change throughout Quest; and Knowledge of our business.
- Capable of handling multiple priorities in a high volume setting.
- Must be able to make decisions based on established procedures and exercise good judgment
High School Diploma or Equivalent(Required)
Phlebotomy certification (required in certain states, e.g. California, Nevada, Washington and Louisiana)
This job has expired.