JOB TITLE: Phlebotomist I
LOCATION: Syosset, NY
The base hourly wage range for this position is from $16.96 - $25.42. Salary offers are based on a wide range of factors including relevant skills, training, experience, education and, where applicable, certifications obtained. Market and organizational factors are also considered. Successful candidates my be eligible to receive annual performance bonus compensation.
We are proud to offer best-in-class benefits and programs to support employees and their families in living healthy, happy lives. Our pay and benefit plans have been designed to promote employee health in all respects - physical, financial and developmental. Depending on whether it is a part-time or full-time position, some of the benefits offered my include:
- Medical / Prescription Drugs
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
- Supplemental Health Plans
- 401(k) Plan - Company match dollar-for-dollar up to 5%
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP)
- Supplemental Life Insurance
- Dependent Life Insurance
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability buy up
- Blueprint for Wellness
- Emotional Well-Being Resources
- Educational Assistance
- Paid Time Off / Health Time
- Variable Compensation Plans
- Sales Incentive Plans
- Collect specimens according to established procedures. This includes, but not limited to: drug screens, biometric screening and insurance exams.
- Administer oral solutions according to established training.
- Research test/client information and confirm and verify all written and electronic orders by utilizing lab technology systems or directory of services.
- Responsible for completing all data entry requirements accurately including data entry of patient registration; entry of test order from requisition or pulling order from database; managing Standing Orders.
- Enter billing information and collect payments when required, including the safeguarding of assets and credit card information.
- Data entry and processing specimens including labeling, centrifuging, splitting, and freezing specimens as required by test order.
- Perform departmental-related clerical duties when assigned such as data entry, inventory, stock supplies, and answer phones when needed.
- Read, understand and comply with departmental policies, protocols and procedures: (i.e. Procedure Manuals, Safety Manual, Compliance Manual, Automobile Policies and Procedures, Employee Handbook, Quality Assurance Manual); and ensure that all staff members follow instructions.
- Perform verification of patient demographic info/initials including patient signature post-venipuncture to verify tubes were labeled in their presence and that the name on the label is correct.
- Assist with compilation and submission of monthly statistics and data.
- Maintain all appropriate phlebotomy logs in a timely manner and based on frequency, such as maintenance logs and temperature logs.
- Complete training courses and keep up-to-date with the latest phlebotomy techniques.
- Travel to Territory Manager meeting if held off-site or off normal shift.
- Participate on special projects and teams.
- Stay up-to-date on company communications.
1.High school diploma or equivalent.
2.Medical training: medical assistant or paramedic training preferred.
3.Phlebotomy certification preferred. Required in California, Nevada, and Washington. Work Experience
1.One year phlebotomy experience preferred.
2.Customer service in a retail or service environment preferred.
3.Keyboard/data entry experience.
All requirements are subject to possible modifications to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Quest Diagnostics is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Women / Minorities / Veterans / Disabled / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity / Citizenship.