Under the direction of the Pharmacist, perform a variety of technical and clerical support tasks that are in adherence to Spaulding Rehabilitation Network (SRN) policies and procedures. These tasks are designed to assist the pharmacist in the preparation and delivery of pharmaceutical supplies and medications. They are consistent with the Massachusetts's Board of Pharmacy expectations, on the job training and knowledge base. Most of the duties require the review and authorization of a licensed/registered pharmacist.
Qualifications Qualifications and ExperienceEducation/Degree
- Pharmacist is assisted with the preparation, compounding and dispensing of medications including dosage calculations, order approval, rounds to deliver/retrieve meds, and ordering supplies per establish procedures.
- Medications for dispensing machine are picked, delivered and replenished on nursing units per SRN policy and schedule.
- Assistance with narcotic/controlled substances inventory and associated documentation on nursing units is provided according to SRN policy and schedule.
- IVs and related supplies are provides on a replacement/demand basis.
- Pharmacy, patient care related inventory and equipment documentation is monitored and maintained according to SRN policies and standards.
- Administrative duties such as report, label, and form development, inventory maintenance, computer use, and research for patient care team are completed per stated objectives.
- Additional department, organization, or network activities are completed per established objectives.
- PCC Organizational Values of Innovation, Collaboration, Accountability, Respect, and Excellence are upheld.
- Enrolled in an accredited College Pharmacy that requires work experience as a prerequisite for licensure as a registered pharmacist.
- Prior experience in either hospital or retail pharmacy preferred.
- Familiarity with medical terminology, abbreviations and computer technology is desired. Prior experience preferred.
- Registered with Massachusetts Board of Pharmacy as a Student Intern.
(Specific learned activity gained through training (e.g. computer skills, keyboarding, presentation, CPR, ACLS, etc.)
- Must have some knowledge and desire to learn about pharmacy.
- Safely execute all job responsibilities without risking injury to self or patients. Demonstrates the ability to assess and interact with patients and families using the theories of human growth and development, family systems, and cultural background.
- Computer proficiency required. Microsoft office applications preferred with ability to learn new software.
- Maintain variable work schedule to provide patient care as needed. (evenings, holidays, weekends and travel).
- Highly developed communications and interpersonal skills, working with diverse population.
- Work independently, be self-directed and contribute as a member of a team.
- Anticipates challenges and develops and implements strategies for addressing them.
- High level of service delivery. Demonstrate initiative with ability to prioritize work, meet deadlines and adapt to changing situations.
- Attention to detail.
SRN is committed to diversity in the workplace which begins with respect and opportunity for all. SRN takes affirmative action to ensure that equal employment opportunity is provided to all persons regardless of race, religious creed, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, age, ancestry, veteran status, disability or any other basis that would be inconsistent with any applicable ordinance or law. If you need a reasonable accommodation in coming to or participating in the interview process, please let us know.