People Transformation & Strategy Partner Consultant
What can you expect?
The People Transformation & Strategy Partner Consultant will serve as the primary client contact, applying advanced expertise in Workforce, Organization, and/or Human Resource (HR) Transformation to solve client challenges.
You will manage a team and lead delivery of Workforce, Organization and/or HR Transformation engagements, including acting as overall program manager, peer reviewer, and day-to-day client contact.
You will lead business development activities, generating revenue through acquisition of new clients, cross-selling to current clients, and/or extending work on client engagements.
What is in it for you?
A company with a strong brand, with experience developingsolutionsfortoday's and tomorrow's toughest challenges, including return-to-work and post-pandemic workforce issues.
An opportunity to work with and contributeintellectualcapital and leadership to THE global leader in human resources consulting.
The opportunity to partner with clients to help them bring their workforces to a different and better future, reinventing the new shape of work.
A culture of internal mobility, diversity, inclusion, and collaboration.
Competitive pay and a full benefits package, starting Day 1 (Medical, Dental, Vision, Short and Long Term Disability and Life Insurance, Employee Stock Purchase program, and a generous paid time-off allowance); plus a fixed company contribution AND a company match on your 401k, after one year of service.
We will count on you to:
As Primary Client Contact and Consultant:
- Provide consulting services to senior management on a variety of Workforce, Organization and/or HR Transformation initiatives; projects typically include some or all of the following: People, Talent and/or HR strategy development, operational assessments, readiness assessments, process redesign, operating model design, organizational design, shared services planning and implementation, sourcing strategies (insourcing vs. outsourcing), automated and digital solutions for service delivery, technology enablement, vendor selection, operating model and technology implementation support.
- Develop strategies, philosophies, and programs that address clients' needs.
- Clarify and resolve unique and difficult issues related to client deliverables.
- Meet, interview, and partner with senior client stakeholders.
- Ensure client learnings are captured and synthesized for application for future client engagements.
Contribution to Solution Area:
- Generate revenue through acquisition of new clients, cross-selling to current clients, and/or extending work on client engagements; conduct face-to-face meetings with potential clients (prospects).
- Partner with other senior consultants and client managers to identify target organizations in the mid-to-large market for Workforce, Organization and/or HR Transformation services.
- Lead discussions with prospects and clients on Mercer's Workforce, Organization and/or HR Transformation value proposition and service offerings.
- Prepare proposals and present Mercer's capabilities to a wide range of prospects and stakeholders.
- Understand all available solutions within the Career business, as well as across Mercer/MMC, and proactively reach out to provide targeted information to clients on how offerings could address specific needs; engage appropriate colleagues to further pursue possible opportunities.
- Work to bring opportunities to successful close; negotiate final engagement terms; execute Statements of Work (SOWs) and engagement letters.
- Contribute to thought leadership, sales pipeline, methodology development, and team working environment; be viewed as a leader and mentor to junior staff.
Manage Project Teams:
- Contribute to Mercer's overall value proposition by building positive working relationships across the firm.
What you need to have:People Transformation & Strategy and HR Experience:
- Manage project economics, delivering projects on time and within budget, and elevating out-of-scope requests as needed.
- Manage consultants, and when appropriate, clients' expectations by clearly communicating deadlines, deliverables, and availability of resources.
- Manage delivery teams to ensure quality and value of all project deliverables for engagements.
- Direct and oversee data compilation, research and analysis performed by team members on Workforce, Organization and/or HR Transformation projects (e.g. cost and volume analysis, benchmarking, survey results, etc.).
- Supervise junior staff; delegate and peer review all client work as well as develop, evaluate, and mentor less experienced colleagues.
People/HR Technology Experience:
- At least 10+ years of external and/or internal consulting experience related to successful delivery of People Transformation & Strategy and HR Transformation projects for large organizations.
- At least 8 years of proven experience as a program manager, managing large-scale projects with multiple workstreams.
- In-depth content knowledge in at least three of the following HR areas: HR strategy, HR technology, talent strategy, organizational effectiveness, organizational design and operating models, process redesign, or employee experience.
- Content knowledge in the full spectrum of HR (i.e., talent acquisition, talent, rewards, performance, etc.).
- Strong working knowledge of core HRMS such as Workday, SAP, SuccessFactors, Oracle.
- Strong working knowledge of best of technologies in support of HR for Recruitment, Time and Attendance, Payroll, Rewards, Learning, Talent Management, etc.
Other Relevant Experience:
- Ability to build and deliver a book of business using multiple opportunity services, including self-identified.
- Ability to successfully write proposals for new business opportunities and to present proposed projects to executive level management.
- Ability to identify, design, and recommend comprehensive, innovative solutions to help solve clients' complex business issues.
What makes you stand out?
- Bachelor's degree in business, information systems, HR management, or organizational psychology
- Superb communication skills, both oral and written.
- Proven sales ability in recognizing sales opportunities and closing the deal.
- The ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously on a variable schedule based on project demand, and link compensation challenges to broader business or industry context.
- An active listener --giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Master's degree preferred.
Mercer believes in building brighter futures by redefining the world of work, reshaping retirement and investment outcomes, and unlocking real health and well-being. Mercer's more than 25,000 employees are based in 44 countries and the firm operates in over 130 countries. Mercer is a business of Marsh McLennan (NYSE: MMC), the world's leading professional services firm in the areas of risk, strategy and people, with 76,000 colleagues and annual revenue of $17 billion. Through its market-leading businesses including Marsh, Guy Carpenter and Oliver Wyman, Marsh & McLennan helps clients navigate an increasingly dynamic and complex environment. For more information, visit https://www.mercer.com/. Follow Mercer on Twitter @Mercer.
Marsh McLennan and its Affiliates are EOEMinority/Female/Disability/Vet/SexualOrientation/Gender Identity employers.
This job has expired.