Altra Industrial Motion is a leading global designer and manufacturer of quality power transmission and motion control products utilized on a wide variety of industrial drivetrain applications.
Founded in 1857, TB Wood's has grown to become a global leader in the design and manufacturer of industrial couplings and belted drive solutions. TB Wood's foundry operations are capable of producing gray and ductile iron parts up to 10,000 lbs. per cast part. Reliable TB Wood's products are utilized in many key markets including food & beverage, energy, wastewater, concrete, metals, pulp & paper and material handling on applications such as conveyor systems, rolling mills, pumps, compressors, palletizers, de-barkers, printing equipment, fans & blowers, machine tools, and mixers. Learn more information at https://www.altramotion.com/our-brands/tb-woods-incorporated.
The Pattern Maker fabricates foundry patterns from various materials, such as wood, metal, and plastic, for use in forming, molding for castings, according to engineering specifications and using various machine tools, power tools, and hand tools. Position required to enrolled and maintain positive standing through completion within Patternmaker Apprenticeship Program.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Evaluates engineered part drawings to be cast, including dimensional requirements and sequence of operations required as a function of material specifications
- Performs dimensional layout utilizing various measurement techniques, such as templates, straightedges, calipers, and protractors, straightedge, templates, etc. to verify casting dimensions to print requirement.
- Mark and scribe layouts on metal casting and/or wood stock.
- Ability to set up and operate various manual and CNC machine tools for cutting wood and metal patterns.
- Utilize various other power tools to machine, cut, and shape stock or casting to required specifications. Example: cuts and shapes parts, using bandsaw, lathe, milling machine, planner, and router.
- Assembly of patterns through fitting and fastening of sections together to form the pattern or section using glue, nails, dowels, screws, etc.
- Proficient with trimming, smoothing, and shaping surfaces, using hand tools, such as drawknife, chisel, mallet, scraper, file, sander, grinder, rasp, planer, etc.
- Ensures the protection and longevity patterns by application of coatings or paints thus indicating method of assembly.
- Repairs broken or damaged patterns to ensure production casting meets the engineered drawing. Dimensional data from production part will be evaluated and recorded to provide evidence of repair.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (Continued)
Job Requirements Critical Competencies
- Construct templates for layout and inspection purposes.
- Keep work area clean and organized
- Adhere to all safety regulations
- Work with team leads and other team members to improve processes
- Occasional operation of CNC machine
- Perform other related or non-related duties as assigned
Education and Experience Requirements
- Ability to follow directions and standard work procedures
- Accuracy and attention to detail required
- Basic math and measuring using decimals and fractions
- Knowledge of foundry practices preferred
- Engineering print reading preferred
- High school diploma or GED
If you are not a state credentialed Journeyman, you must be willing to enter and complete the apprenticeship program.
- Successful completion of TB Woods PIV/Forklift License training and certification required upon hire
Noise - Regular exposure to noise levels at or above 85 decibels during shift. Hearing protection required in designated areas of plant.
Dust - Exposure to dust particles throughout plant. Designated areas required to wear respiratory protection as defined by OSHA standards. Medical clearance required from licensed Physician before use of device.
Heights - Work orders may involve heights up to 60 feet wearing proper fall protection.
Heat - Some exposure to heat in melt operational areas. PPE required in these areas, as defined by OSHA standards.
Weather Elements - May be exposed to weather elements, primarily temperature changes, during shift.
Hazardous Condition - Regular exposure to hazardous conditions.
Work Area - Assignments within all areas within the plant.
Confided spaces - May be required to enter confined spaces following the confined space protocol.
Lifting Requirements - Must be able to lift up to 50lbs. on a regular basis.
Walking - Must be able to endure regular walking through out shift.
Bending, Kneeling and Squatting - Must be able to bend, kneel and/or squat during course of shift.
Sitting and Standing - Must be able to stand and/or sit, potentially for long periods of time, depending on assigned duty.
Arm-Hand Steadiness -Must be able to keep hand and arm steady while moving arm or while holding arm and hand in one position.
Finger Dexterity - Must be able to make precisely coordinated movements of the fingers of one or both hands to grasp, manipulate, or assemble very small objects.
Manual Dexterity - Must be able to quickly move hand, hand together with arm, or two hands to grasp and/or manipulate objects.
Control Precision - Must be able to quickly and repeatedly adjust the controls of a machine or a vehicle to exact positions.
Near Vision - Must be able to see details at close range (within a few feet of the observer).
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EEO Statement: The company in which you have expressed employment interest is a subsidiary or affiliate of Altra Industrial Motion Corp. The subsidiary or affiliate is referred to as an ""Altra Company."" Altra Industrial Motion Corp. and all Altra Companies are equal opportunity employers that evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or other characteristics protected by law. The ""EEO is the Law"" poster is available at: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf. If you have a disability and need assistance accessing or using this website to apply for a position, you can request assistance by sending an email to email@example.com.
This job has expired.