- The responsibilities of the PSC111 will include duties and responsibilities of, Office Assistant, Staff Assistant I II III, PSC 1, 2 & 3 Reception and Patient Check-In
- Performs all duties and responsibilities of a Patient Service Coordinator III including working on projects for the department.
- Performs all check-in and -out functions, as outlined by the MGH/MGPO Front Desk Standards of Operations.
- Provides support and information to providers to problem-solve and manage complex administrative patient issues.
- Performs the daily management of encounters from processing and reconcilement.
- Ensures the completeness of all forms and performs basic ICD-9 coding, as required to complete visit encounter forms for processing.
- Understands all HM, Managed Care, and other Third-Party Insurers. Functions as a resource for patients regarding managed care plans, insurance, and referral issues, with an ability to perform electronic insurance verification.
- Understands financial services and self-pay resources and provides patients with information as needed.
- Triages and manages complex telephone calls, utilizing courteous customer service skills. Ensures that calls and/or messages are directed to and received by providers and support staff.
- Co-payment collection, cash management, encounter form reconcilement, etc.
- Schedules patient appointments for visits and diagnostic testing, as required. Coordinates the scheduling of diagnostic testing in consultation with the provider.
- Creates and maintains patient charts in an orderly and confidential manner.
- Scans appropriate information into LMR
- Provides cross-coverage for other practice PSC II for absences, vacations, etc., and during fluctuations in workflow, as needed
- Greets all patients and visitors to the clinic in a professional, consistent, timely, and respectful manner.
- Provides information to patients about hospital and practice procedures.
- Uses practice information systems to check in each patient and verify address and insurance information.
- Determines and enters the status of all the patients in appointment scheduling systems (arrive, no show, or cancel).
- Performs all check-in and check-out fun and actions as outlined by MGH/MGPO front desk (PACE) standards.
- Calls patients who need to be rescheduled because of changes in clinician schedules.
- Schedules follow-up appointments for established patients.
- Enters unscheduled visits in the appointment scheduling system.
- Maintains confidentiality & privacy consistent with HIPAA guidelines.
- Maintains an organized and neat work area.
- Provide clinicians with scheduling support and day-to-day support
- May act as a trainer for new support staff.
- Assists training coordinators during recruitment.
- Assists senior administration with ongoing departmental projects with a wide scope.
- Assists in the implementation of change in the practices with management support.
Associate's Degree, Bachelor's preferred.
High School Diploma or equivalent is required.EEO Statement
Massachusetts General Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer. By embracing diverse skills, perspectives and ideas, we choose to lead. Applications from protected veterans and individuals with disabilities are strongly encouraged.
This job has expired.