Patient Registration Clerk
Hooper Bay, Alaska
The vision: Through Native Self-Determination and Culturally Relevant Health Systems, we strive to be the healthiest people.
At the Yukon-Kuskokwim Health Corporation (YKHC) we administer a comprehensive healthcare system throughout 58 rural communities with a mission of Working Together to Achieve Excellent Health.
YKHC serves 58 federally-recognized Tribes and operates 41 Village Clinics. Our five larger communities are served by five Sub-Regional Clinics. All communities in our service area are served by the 55 bed regional hospital in Bethel.
For more information about our hospital or the region please visit
Yukon-Kuskokwim Health Corporation - We Strive to be the Healthiest People (www.ykhc.org)
Position Summary: Entry of registration information for outpatient visits for all patient services that YKHC provides currently, primarily Community Health Aide Program and direct outpatient encounters. Accurate and timely performance of duties directly impacts revenue received by the corporation.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Computer literacy required.
- Six months IBM or compatible computer system experience or college credits for MS Word.
- Alphabetical and numerical filing experience.
- Experience working with printer, photocopiers, fax machine, multi-line phone systems.
- Typing 45 w.p.m., 10-key by touch.
- Ability to speak Yup'ik preferable.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Accuracy and dependability a must. ]
- Interpersonal and communication skill required to interact with medical personnel on a routine basis.
- Require to meet monthly deadlines to ensure prompt reimbursement.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to write simple correspondence.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Generous PTO - beginning at 4.5 weeks
- Ten paid holidays
- Comprehensive healthcare coverage
- Life and Disability Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- Retirement plans
- Employee Wellness Center
ID:13646Location:Hooper BayDepartment:Hooper Bay Subregional CenterEmployment Duration:60 Part timeTemporary Status:Not ApplicableHours per Week:30
Yukon Kuskokwim Health Corporation is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status and any other basis protected by law. Individuals with disabilities needing assistance in the recruitment process are encouraged to contact Human Resources directly.
Under P.L. 93-638, preference is given to Alaska Native/American Indian applicants.
For more information, please contact the YKHC Recruitment Department at YKHCRecruitment@YKHC.org or phone (907) 543-6060 and ask to speak with a recruiter.
To view more positions available please visit YKHC Career Center (https://chu.tbe.taleo.net/chu01/ats/careers/v2/jobSearch?org=YKHC&cws=41)
This job has expired.