Roswell Park Cancer Institute
First Shift (United States of America)
Provides accurate and timely processing of complex surgical specimens and biopsies including comprehensive macroscopic examination and evaluation of all surgical pathology specimens and selection of tumor and normal tissue samples for tissue procurement. Participates in the education of students, residents/ fellows involved in anatomic pathology laboratory activities and tasks. Assists in the performance of postmortem examinations, including prosection, assisting the pathologist with rendering the provisional anatomic diagnosis, gathering pertinent clinical history, recording macroscopic anatomic findings, and submitting tissue sections for microscopic examination.
Salary range for this position is $96,574-$114,444 annually which includes a comprehensive benefits package.
Required Education and Experience
License to practice as a Pathologists' Assistant in the State of New York.
Certification as a Pathologists' Assistant by the American Society of Clinical Pathologists (ASCP).
Education and Experience
1. Master's degree that meets qualification for certification as a Pathologists' Assistant by the American Society of Clinical Pathologists (ASCP) and the equivalent of six (6) months of full-time experience as a Pathologists' Assistant at Roswell Park; or
2. Bachelor's degree that meets qualification for certification as a Pathologists' Assistant by the American Society of Clinical Pathologists (ASCP) and the equivalent of two (2) years of full-time experience as a Pathologists' Assistant at Roswell Park; or
3. Master's degree that meets qualification for certification as a Pathologists' Assistant by the American Society of Clinical Pathologists (ASCP) and the equivalent of two (2) years of full-time experience; or
4. Bachelor's degree that meets qualification for certification as a Pathologists' Assistant by the American Society of Clinical Pathologists (ASCP) and the equivalent of four (4) years of full-time experience.
1. As a condition of continued employment, incumbents must maintain the appropriate certification noted above.
2. Required degrees must have been granted by an accredited college or university or one recognized by Roswell Park Comprehensive Cancer Center as following acceptable educational practices.
The preferred candidate will have completed an accredited Pathologists' Assistant training program, ASCP certification and NY state licensure, previous experience with frozen section tissue processing and previous experience with biopsy specimen processing. they will also have experience in an Anatomic Pathology Laboratory setting, previous experience in a Histology laboratory setting and will have membership with the American Associate of Pathologists' Assistants.
Roswell Park Cancer Institute Corporation (RPCIC) and Health Research Inc. (HRI) Roswell Park Division believe that all persons are entitled to equal employment opportunities, and we do not discriminate against our employees, applicants or job seekers because of their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, creed, age, disability, pregnancy-related condition, military or veteran status, marital or familial status, domestic violence victim status, citizenship status, genetic information, individual's relationship or association with a member of a protected category or any other protected group status as defined by law.
Additionally, RPCIC and HRI Roswell Park Division are committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to HR-PayAndBenefits@RoswellPark.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
Roswell Park is committed to providing an environment where patients, families, employees, and community are treated with courtesy and respect. We support an inclusive environment that nurtures the talents, skills, and abilities of each individual to embody and reflect Roswell Park's core values; Innovation, Integrity, Teamwork, Commitment, Compassion, and Respect.
Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Governor's Office of Employee Relations at (518) 474-6988 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Posted about 1 hour ago
Posted about 1 hour ago
Posted about 1 hour ago