Applies coats of paint, varnish, stain, enamel, or lacquer to decorate and protect interior or exterior surfaces, trimmings, and fixtures of buildings, other structures, equipment and/or products.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Reviews work order or receives instructions from supervisor or lead regarding painting.
- Smoothes surfaces, using sandpaper, brushes, or steel wool, and removes old paint from surfaces, using paint remover, scraper, wire brush, or blowtorch to prepare surfaces for painting.
- Allows for specified curing/drying time before notifying lead that product is ready for final inspection.
-Performs daily cleaning and maintenance activities on painting equipment.
PROFILE LEVEL DESCRIPTION
- Expands skills in own work area within an analytical/scientific method or operational process.
- Applies experience and skills to complete assigned work within own area of expertise.
- Works within standard operating procedures and/or scientific methods with a moderate degree of supervision.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE
No education required.
HS diploma or GED preferred.
Or equivalent combination of education and experience.