Veolia Group aims to be the benchmark company for ecological transformation. With nearly 220,000 employees worldwide, the Group designs and provides game-changing solutions that are both useful and practical for water, waste and energy management. Through its three complementary business activities, Veolia helps to develop access to resources, preserve available resources and replenish them. In 2021, the Veolia group provided 79 million inhabitants with drinking water and 61 million with sanitation, produced nearly 48 million megawatt hours and recovered 48 million tons of waste. Veolia Environment (Paris Euronext: VIE) achieved consolidated revenue of 28,508 billion euros in 2021. www.veolia.com
- The Change Management Lead will play a key role in ensuring projects (change initiatives) meet objectives on time and on budget by increasing employee adoption and usage. This person will focus on the "people side" of change, including changes to business processes, systems, and technology, job roles, and organization structures. The primary responsibility will be creating and implementing change management strategies and plans that maximize employee adoption and usage and minimize resistance. The change manager will work to drive faster adoption, higher ultimate utilization of, and proficiency with the changes that impact employees. These improvements will increase benefit realization, value creation, ROI, and the achievement of results and outcomes.
- The Change Management Lead will have to work through many others in the organization to succeed. The Change Management Lead will act as a coach for senior leaders and executives in helping them fulfill the role of change sponsor. They may also provide direct support and coaching to all levels of managers and supervisors as they help their direct reports through transitions. The Change Management Lead will also support project teams in integrating change management activities into their project plans.
Primary Duties / Responsibilities
- Apply a change management process and tools to create a strategy to support the adoption of the changes required by a project or initiative.
- Establish a change management guide and tool kit for Veolia North America
- Support the design, development, delivery, and management of communications.
- Conduct impact analyses, assess change readiness, and identify key stakeholders.
- Provide input, document requirements, and support the design and delivery of training programs.
- Complete change management assessments
- Identify, analyze and prepare risk mitigation tactics
- Identify and manage anticipated resistance
- Consult and coach project teams
- Create actionable deliverables for the five change management levers: communications plan, sponsor roadmap, coaching plan, training plan, resistance management plan
- Support and engage senior leaders
- Coach managers and supervisors
- Support organizational design and definition of roles and responsibilities
- Coordinate efforts with other specialists
- Integrate change management activities into project plan
- Evaluate and ensure user readiness
- Manage stakeholders
- Track and report issues
- Define and measure success metrics and monitor change progress
- Support change management at the organizational level
- Manage the change portfolio
Education / Experience / Background
- Experience running Agile projects and acting as an Agile Scrum Master
- Experience with large-scale organizational change efforts
Knowledge / Skills / Abilities
- A solid understanding of how people go through a change and the change process
- Experience and knowledge of change management principles, methodologies and tools
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal
- Excellent active listening skills
- Ability to clearly articulate messages to a variety of audiences
- Ability to establish and maintain strong relationships
- Ability to influence others and move toward a common vision or goal
- Flexible and adaptable; able to work in ambiguous situations
- Resilient and tenacious with a propensity to persevere
- Forward looking with a holistic approach
- Organized with a natural inclination for planning strategy and tactics
- Problem solving and root cause identification skills
- Able to work effectively at all levels in an organization
- Must be a team player and able to work collaboratively with and through others
- Acute business acumen and understanding of organizational issues and challenges
- Well knowledgeable of project management approaches, tools and phases of the project life cycle
Required Certification / Licenses / Training
- Change management certification or designation desired
Physical Requirements / Work Environment
- Some travel required
- Regular office work
VNA is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity. VNA's practices and employment decisions, including those regarding recruitment, hiring, assignment, promotion, compensation, benefits, training, discipline, and termination shall not be based on any person's sex, race, color, religion, ancestry or national origin, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, veteran status, citizenship status or other protected group status as defined by applicable law. VNA gives fair consideration to all qualified individuals and affords all employees and applicants opportunities for advancement according to their individual abilities without regard to membership in any applicable protected category. No opportunity for hire, advancement or any other condition of employment will be diminished through unlawful discriminatory practices.