This job has expired.
Veolia group aims to be the benchmark company for ecological transformation. With nearly 179,000 employees worldwide, the Group designs and provides game-changing solutions that are both useful and practical for water, waste and energy management. Through its three complementary business activities, Veolia helps to develop access to resources, preserve available resources, and replenish them. In 2020, the Veolia group supplied 95 million people with drinking water and 62 million people with wastewater service, produced nearly 43 million megawatt hours of energy and treated 47 million metric tons of waste.
Under general direction of the Chief Plant Operator, the Shift Supervisor - Satellites is responsible for the day-to-day operations, maintenance, and repairs of all satellite facilities which presently include: CNTP, TRWRP, and JMMCRWRP satellite plants. The incumbent ensures treatment processes operate in compliance with state and federal regulations and client quality requirements through frequent monitoring and adjustment of plant's manual and computerized control systems. The Supervisor - Satellites prioritizes, approve work service requests and coordinates maintenance activities. Ensure that the satellite operators follow all safety instructions and use the required PPE at all times. Supervisor is responsible for assisting the Chief Plant Operator and Management team in investigating and reporting on operational issues that may arise. Supports the Chief Plant Operator and maintains courteous and effective relationships with and supports, as necessary the client, customer/end users, plant visitors, vendors, contractors, and co-workers.
Nature & Scope-Principal Areas of Responsibilities:
* The Supervisor identifies and diagnoses problems, maintains records, reports and log sheets and provides records to the Chief Plant Operator for proper storage and review.
* Track and report progress of all corrective and preventative maintenance projects.
* Responsible for follow-up of chemical ordering process for ECLWRF and ensuring proper collaboration between shifts to ensure that the adequate storage of chemicals is always available.
* Performs Daily inspection of each satellite facility and processes.
* Ensures proper follow-up by other departments to allow tight control and progress in the actions identified in the critical equipment list.
* Participates in the drafting of and implementation of action plans to resolve operational issues. Works with other departments to ensure processes are optimized.
* Is responsible for timely communication of operational or compliance issues, as per company's guidelines.
* Interacts with, coordinates with, and supports all refinery customers, Operations/Maintenance staff, Laboratory staff, Engineering staff, and the Administrative staff to perform related responsibilities.
* Serves to fill-in for staff when needed and participates in an on-call after hours rotation system.
* The Supervisor - Satellites will perform, train, and direct the the work of satellite operators in the following areas:
o Equipment and process control adjustments and isolation.
o Interface with plant computer control system as necessary to perform operations and maintenance duties.
o Operates valves, pumps, and gates manually or through the local control center.
o Observes variations in operating conditions, records meter, sensor and gauge readings.
o Collects lab samples, perform field analysis, and record results; conducts inspections and collects samples for system operations.
o Monitor and perform visual inspection of mechanical and electrical equipment and control systems.
o Monitors and adjusts chemical feed rates as directed.
o Maintain and review documentation such as round sheets, log entries, and cleaning log sheets.
o Maintain and review logbook, transfer sheets and maintenance activity report.
o Display and communicate to satellite operators members maintenance activity report.
o Display and communicate to crew members process control orders, and ensure they are properly applied.
o Ensures at all times sufficient chemical quantities and oversees chemical ordering process.
o Review and submit written timesheets for the crew members to Superintendent/Supervisor for time entry into PeopleSoft.
o Perform predictive, preventive and corrective equipment and process maintenance and repair work as necessary.
o Maintains facilities, office building, vehicles, and equipment.
o Develop spreadsheets for tracking daily, weekly and monthly O&M functions and data.
o Produce verbal and written technical and administrative reports on daily, weekly and monthly progress of O&M functions.
o Cleaning of the MF and Reverse Osmosis units.
o Oversee and document confined space entries.
o Oversee and document LOTO program.
o Schedule and develop safe work plans.
o Responds to system emergencies.
* Minimum requirements: High School education, valid California drivers license and valid State of California Grade IV Waste Water Treatment Plant Operator Certificate or T4 Water Treatment Plant Operator Certificate on hand or to obtained within 2 years.
* Five (5) years experience in wastewater treatment/water treatment operations and maintenance.
* Either a State Water Resources Control Board Grade IV in Wastewater Treatment or a California Department of Public Health T4 in Water Treatment Certification is required.
* Preference includes: Bachelor degree in Chemistry, Engineering or Environmental Science.
Special Skills/Abilities Needed:
The Shift Supervisor must possess the following knowledge, skills, and abilities:
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Add your resume to our resume database that can be searched by employers looking to hire!
Stay up to date with job alerts! Customize your alerts based on a specific area, category and receive weekly updates!