Veolia Group aims to be the benchmark company for ecological transformation. With nearly 220,000 employees worldwide, the Group designs and provides game-changing solutions that are both useful and practical for water, waste and energy management. Through its three complementary business activities, Veolia helps to develop access to resources, preserve available resources and replenish them. In 2021, the Veolia group provided 79 million inhabitants with drinking water and 61 million with sanitation, produced nearly 48 million megawatt hours and recovered 48 million tons of waste. Veolia Environnement (Paris Euronext: VIE) achieved consolidated revenue of 28,508 billion euros in 2021. www.veolia.com
Responsible for supervising and scheduling day-to-day operational activities to include troubleshooting, health, safety, and environmental compliance issues and policies, quality assurance/control, determining cost of supplies versus labor, provide technical expertise on operational modifications, hiring and training of subordinates, etc.
Assist immediate supervisor in the annual preparation of goals versus forecasted budgeted allowances as well as conducting special exploratory assignments.
PRIMARY DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Enforces all compliance, health and safety policies and procedures in accordance with departmental and regional requirements.
2. Oversee compliance with all OSHA, EPA, DOT, and all other governmental regulations.
3. Attends and arranges for all required training courses.
4. Oversees operation of all equipment including maintenance to ensure optimum utilization.
5. Assists with the training of team members to ensure appropriate performance standards within the various functional areas of the site.
6. Maintain a professional image to clients by answering inquiries and suggesting alternative solutions to existing and/or potential problems.
Education / Experience / Background
● BS in Chemistry or a related science discipline or equivalent work experience required
● 4 to 6 years of hazardous waste experience preferred
Knowledge / Skills / Abilities
● Extensive knowledge in the following areas: DOT, EPA, TSCA, and OSHA
● Knowledge of site capabilities and limitations prior to treatment and/or shipping hazardous & non-hazardous waste materials to ensure efficient disbursement and storage.
● Computer proficient
● Strong team player
● Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
● Time management: the ability to organize and manage multiple deadlines
● Strong customer service orientation
● Strong supervisory and leadership skills
● Ability to create & prepare reports as necessary
Required Certification / Licenses / Training
● HAZWOPER Certification
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Add your resume to our resume database that can be searched by employers looking to hire!
Stay up to date with job alerts! Customize your alerts based on a specific area, category and receive weekly updates!