Veolia Group aims to be the benchmark company for ecological transformation. With nearly 220,000 employees worldwide, the Group designs and provides game-changing solutions that are both useful and practical for water, waste and energy management. Through its three complementary business activities, Veolia helps to develop access to resources, preserve available resources and replenish them. In 2021, the Veolia group provided 79 million inhabitants with drinking water and 61 million with sanitation, produced nearly 48 million megawatt hours and recovered 48 million tons of waste. Veolia Environnement (Paris Euronext: VIE) achieved consolidated revenue of 28,508 billion euros in 2021. www.veolia.com
Senior position to provide technical and mechanical support to the Operations and Maintenance Departments of water and wastewater treatment facilities. Performs maintenance and repairs on various types of equipment, such as pumps, conveyor systems, gear brakes, fans, blowers, mixers, and chemical feed equipment. Uses both hands and machine tools in the repairs and maintenance of equipment and plant buildings. Loads and unloads, moves and transports tools, material, and freight and supplies.
Primary Duties / Responsibilities
- Performs maintenance and repair work on various types of equipment, pumps, conveyor systems, gearboxes, fans, blowers, mixers and chemical feed pumps and auxiliary equipment.
- Able to proficiently use both hand and machine tools in assisting in the repair and maintenance of all equipment and plant buildings.
- Use computerized maintenance management software for record-keeping.
- Knows and understands standard predictive, preventive and corrective maintenance methods and procedures commonly used in the maintenance and repair of mechanical equipment and plant infrastructure.
- Able to read and understand blueprints (mechanical, structural, hudraulic, pneumatic).
- Observe all on-the-job safety regulations and promotes safe practices, procedures and work habits.
- Loads and unloads, moves and transports material, equipment, freight and supplies.
- Performs other duties as needed and/or required to facilitate operations.
Education / Experience / Background
- High School diploma or GED
- 5-7 years experience in the operation and maintenance of wastewater/water treatment facilities or a similar industrial environment.
Knowledge / Skills / Abilities
- Knowledge of environmental and safety compliance regulations and ability to comply with all safety standards.
- Knowledge of standard predictive, preventive and corrective maintenance methods and procedures commonly used in the maintenance and repair of mechanical equipment and plant infrastructure.
- Knowledge of gas cutting, welding equipment and mechanical blueprint reading.
- Knowledge of computer systems and programs such as word processing and spreadsheet applications as well as computerized maintenance management software programs.
- Ability to operate light trucks, forklift, and small construction equipment.
- Ability to operate basic hand and power tools.
- Ability to work independently and prioritize work activities.
- Ability to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing and work with all levels of personnel.
- Ability to work both autonomously and in a team environment.
- Fills out safety work plans for assigned tasks.
Required Certification / Licenses / Training
- Valid California Driver's License required and must meet risk management guidelines.
- CWEA Grade III Maintenance Certification required or the ability to obtain Grade III within 18 months of hire date.
Physical Requirements / Work Environment
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and/or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand for extended periods; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs or ladders or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and taste or smell. The employee must periodically lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and distance vision as well as the ability to distinguish color and shades. Technical dexterity is required in performing chemical and instrumental analytical procedures.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. The employee may be exposed to silica, dust, fumes, smoke, gases, greases, oils, electrical energy, solvents and vibrations. The employee may work on slippery/uneven surfaces, around machinery with moving parts, moving objects/vehicles, and ladder/scaffolding, below ground and may be exposed to water and other liquid materials.
VNA is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity. VNA's practices and employment decisions, including those regarding recruitment, hiring, assignment, promotion, compensation, benefits, training, discipline, and termination shall not be based on any person's sex, race, color, religion, ancestry or national origin, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, veteran status, citizenship status or other protected group status as defined by applicable law.
VNA gives fair consideration to all qualified individuals and affords all employees and applicants opportunities for advancement according to their individual abilities without regard to membership in any applicable protected category. No opportunity for hire, advancement or any other condition of employment will be diminished through unlawful discriminatory practices.