Operational Excellence Director
At AstraZeneca, we work together across global boundaries to make an impact and find answers to challenges. We do this with the utmost integrity even in the most difficult situations because we are committed to doing the right thing. We continuously forge partnerships that help pursue world-class medicines in new ways, combining our people's exceptional skills with those of people from all over the globe.
The Mt. Vernon site was established in 1972 and is the flagship site delivering innovative, life changing oral solid medicines. At the site we formulate and pack OSD tablets, capsules for over 60+ markets. The Mt Vernon site is the largest AZ production site in the US and is located in the southwest corner of the state of Indiana, approximately 15 miles from Evansville, Indiana - the third largest city in the state of Indiana. The Mt. Vernon site is dedicated to creating a culture of inclusion and collaboration. We host yearly Inclusion and Diversity conferences and have an employee resource group devoted to promoting diversity and inclusion and enhancing employees' professional development through interactive and engaging events and initiatives.
The Operational Excellence Director will be responsible for ensuring robust delivery of the AZ Supply System, leading implementation of Site Lean/Manufacturing Excellence approaches. Overall strategy owner for Site Lean & Manufacturing Excellence, driving continuous improvement and sustainability of site ways of working, while identifying the necessary improvements to meet site business objectives. Ensures that Operational Excellence objectives are represented to the business. Provides Leadership and strategic direction as Team lead for site-based OE resources. Ensures sufficient capability exists within site PETs and support groups via resourcing, coaching, and tactical support. Member of site leadership team with shared accountability with other site leads to drive overall improvements in site performance. Representative of Site Manufacturing Excellence on Regional & Global forums.
What You'll Do:
- Support local site teams & functions in delivery of the AZ Supply System.
- Member of site leadership team accountable for developing strategies and PDCA (Plan Do Check Act) of Manufacturing Excellence performance & methodologies
- Accountable for overall ownership of site Operational & Manufacturing Excellence ways of working by ensuring the processes and systems are executed consistently across the site, are being improved to effective and efficient levels, and that the Process Ownership Model is being used effectively by the site
- Ensures that Lean strategies and business processes align with site, regional, and global strategies
- Ensure key metrics are provided to the business for measurement of Manufacturing Excellence
- Support PET leaders and site support leaders on adoption of Manufacturing Excellence through coaching and education
- Accountability to work with the members of the Operational Excellence team to embed tools to drive performance improvement and to track progress against key Operational Excellence metrics
- Ensure that Operational Excellence process owners are providing appropriate content & guidance to the coaches and operational excellence practitioners across the site
- Ensure that the Operational Excellence team is providing appropriate process ownership direction to site PETs and support areas
- Works collaboratively with other site Operational Excellence leaders and Regional/Global Mfg Excellence networks to ensure common approach in execution of AZ Supply System strategies
- Link to Site Capability Leads to ensure tools and techniques utilized in Operational Excellence are consistent with high-performing organization approaches
- Accountable for team development activities for the Operational Excellence team
- Display of Leadership capabilities that support: managing multiple customer needs, using deep insight to impact broadly, creating climate for others to make decisions, anticipating and removing obstacles for the team, working across the leadership team and the sites to establish common purpose and goals, and developing themselves and team members for future roles
- Demonstrates behaviors that align with core business processes by understanding their role in the value stream, measuring what they are trying to achieve, focusing on long term sustainability of process improvements, consistently looking for opportunities to improve, and modelling principles and behaviors required for working in a process centered organization
- Bachelor's degree in Manufacturing Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Pharmacy or Business.
- Ten years experience implementing continuous improvement programs with a proven track record of significant business benefits achieved.
- Ability to influence, enable, and lead change within large organizational units.
- Experience leading and managing others.
- Advanced degree in area related to continuous improvement or process improvement
- Pharmaceutical supply site experience in the area of continuous improvement
- Lean/Six Sigma experience
- Change management experience improving large systems
- Learning/GMP experience
At AstraZeneca when we see an opportunity for change, we seize it and make it happen, because any opportunity no matter how small, can be the start of something big. Delivering life-changing medicines is about being entrepreneurial -finding those moments and recognizing their potential. Interested? Come and join our journey!Next Steps - Apply today!
To be considered for this exciting opportunity, please complete the full application on our website at your earliest convenience - it is the only way that our Recruiter and Hiring Manager can know that you feel well qualified for this opportunity. If you know someone who would be a great fit, please share this posting with them.Find out more on Social Media:
About Operations https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gak5Ham8oUw
This job has expired.