Eurofins Scientific is an international life sciences company, providing a unique range of analytical testing services to clients across multiple industries, to make life and our environment safer, healthier and more sustainable. From the food you eat, to the water you drink, to the medicines you rely on, Eurofins works with the biggest companies in the world to ensure the products they supply are safe, their ingredients are authentic and labelling is accurate. Eurofins believes it is a global leader in food, environmental, pharmaceutical and cosmetics products testing and in agroscience CRO services. It is also one of the global independent market leaders in certain testing and laboratory services for genomics, discovery pharmacology, forensics, CDMO, advanced material sciences and in the support of clinical studies.
In over just 30 years, Eurofins has grown from one laboratory in Nantes, France to over 50,000 staff across a network of more than 900 independent companies in over 50 countries and operating more than 800 laboratories. Eurofins offers a portfolio of over 200,000 analytical methods to evaluate the safety, identity, composition, authenticity, origin, traceability and purity of biological substances and products, as well as providing innovative clinical diagnostic testing services, as one of the leading global emerging players in specialised clinical diagnostics testing.
In 2020, Eurofins generated total revenues of EUR â‚ 5.4 billion, and has been among the best performing stocks in Europe over the past 20 years
The Oncology Business Manager (OBM) is responsible for developing and executing a successful sales strategy for rapid revenue growth from the assigned area derived from the Oncology Market, either directly or indirectly. The OBM formulates sales strategies for markets within the assigned geography and product lines in order to attain revenue goals set by the company. The OBM works both independently and alongside the commercial representatives and other Sales Specialists of other Business Units in their given Area, identifying and evaluating market opportunities and sales potential, closing large opportunities, coordinating collaborative efforts and providing mentoring and coaching as required for others selling to Oncologists within the Area.
This is a management position responsible for providing strategic selling, Oncology Market oversight and leadership to the Area staff to achieve assigned sales and profitability goals. This position level reports to a General Manager, Oncology.
- Lead the Oncology testing selling activities within the Area, directly or indirectly, working collaboratively with other sales and marketing team members.
- Develop and maintain targets of opportunities in Customer Relationship Management (CRM) platform.
- Achieve the assigned revenue and profitability quotas through efficient management and satisfaction of customer needs within assigned area of responsibility, directly and indirectly.
- Sell and teach others how to sell value and solutions to customers in Major Medical Centers, Integrated Delivery Networks, Oncology Offices and Oncology Management locations.
- Maintain consistent momentum in sales cycle and display strong self-disciplined and self-direction.
- Develop and maintain superior relationships with contacts and decision-makers; build long-term relationships by meeting and exceeding customer expectations.
- Prioritize effectively and in accordance with corporate objectives.
- Advise the Company on all Market and Product Requirements for selling to Oncology Offices and into Oncology Management Locations:
o Stay informed of industry, disease state and testing changes and advancements, advising the company on necessary product enhancements;
o Provide frequent market feedback on products, competition and market conditions to the General Manager, Oncology and Marketing Directors; and
o Assist in benchmarking competitive offerings and designing plans and sales aids to win against competing products.
- Develop, Review and Implement all Sales and Market Training for Selling into Major Medical Centers, Integrated Delivery Networks, Oncology Offices and Oncology Management Locations at all levels:
o Through regular participation in meetings with General Manager, Oncology and Marketing and Sales Leaders, develop training and/or new sales aides centered on the launch of new products, all client facing programs and interfaces;
o Work cross functionally with team members and key stakeholders at different levels to proactively identify business needs and design, develop and deliver appropriate training solutions;
o Review and revise existing training programs to evaluate, develop and pilot improved curricula and facilitate the launch of enhanced training events along assigned segment; and
o Prepare lesson plans for and deliver classroom instruction during all Business Unit and national training events along assigned market segment including those hosted during the National Sales Meeting and New Hire Training.
- Enhance the Sales Performance and Product Knowledge of all Team Members Selling into Major Medical Centers, Integrated Delivery Networks, Oncology Offices and Oncology Management Locations
o Develop and provide training to meet the needs of the Business Unit along assigned segment.
o Participate in shadowing activities to assess sales skills and product knowledge in assigned segment and provide real time sales coaching on effective sales techniques, modeling Professional and Strategic Selling;
o Deliver to sales management progress reports on representatives' performance through written communication; and
o Provide product launch skill and refresher training to existing employees.
• Build strong market development activities:
o Focus on independent development of large accounts; Develop and maintain Area coverage plan with General Manager, Oncology;
o Communicate regularly with all members of assigned Business Unit to ensure indirect sales goals are achieved.
o Perform product in-service training to ensure customer satisfaction as needed; and
o Develop and maintain area specific information relative to competitors and distributors in the market mix.
• Deliver timely and accurate fulfillment of Sales Administration duties:
o Complete Expense Reporting within guidelines outlined in the company's Travel & Entertainment Policy;
o Maintain detailed records in SalesForce.com and provide account updates as required;
o Develop monthly forecast and quarterly business plan and update regularly;
o Develop, maintain and deliver accurate information on lost business; and
o Maintain routine telephone contact with General Manager, Oncology.
• Recognize and rapidly respond to changes in internal/external environment.
• Stimulate change and champion new initiatives.
• Understand internal information technology systems and how to interface with clients.
• Manage event coordination for and participate in sales meetings, seminars, industry conferences, and tradeshows. .Additional Responsibilities (may be assigned):
• May lead cross-functional teams or projects;
• May mentor Territory Business Managers within Area.
• May serve on other work groups or committees as requested.
• Other duties as assigned by the General Manager, Oncology and/or Oncology Marketing ManagerPosition Objectives:
•Meet or exceed sales and profitability goals for Area along assigned market segment.
• Complete individual objectives assigned by General Manager, Oncology and Oncology Marketing Manager and meets agreed upon deadlines.
• Communicate effectively with all levels of staff.
• Adhere to Eurofins Viracor core values, departmental processes, safety and compliance policies and proceduresQualificationsEducation:
Bachelor's degree required (MBA preferred)Experience:
Five or more year's sales experience in a clinical and/or laboratory market environment preferred.Qualification Requirements:
• Proven leadership skills
• Strong interpersonal and influencing skills at all levels of the organization
• Supervisory or management experience, preferably of a sales staff.
• Demonstrated record of achievement in a prior sales position.
• Strong closing skills. Prior attendance at formal sales training courses a plus.
• Proven oral, written, telephone and presentation skills.
• Solid knowledge of clinical and/or laboratory market environment.
• Ability to learn and retain product specific information and utilize to position the features and benefits to customers.
• Ability to work under deadline pressure and extra hours if needed on assignments.
• Proficient with MS Office programs.
• Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
• Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
• Must be able to work in a biohazard environment and comply with safety policies and standards outlined in the Safety Manual.
• Holds a valid driver's license for state of residence.Travel Required:
Ability to travel as required by role (up to 75% of the time). Overnight travel expected.Additional Information
Position is full-time, Monday - Friday 8:00am - 5:00pm. Candidates currently living in the Tri CitiesArea are encouraged to apply.
Eurofins is a M/F, Disabled, and Veteran Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.
- Excellent full time benefits including comprehensive medical coverage, dental, and vision options
- Life and disability insurance
- 401(k) with company match
- Paid vacation and holidays