About Oliver Wyman:
Oliver Wyman is a global leader in management consulting, employing nearly 5000 staff in 50+ cities across 26 countries. We help our clients solve some of their most complex problems by blending deep industry knowledge with expertise in strategy, digital, co-creation, operations, risk management, and organization transformation.
We are a firm that prides itself on its diverse, down-to-earth culture, where people can make an impact their own way. You'll be involved in meaningful work from day one. We're looking for individuals who challenge the norm, and constantly strive to build something new for the firm and the world around us. In return we can offer a flexible, autonomous environment, with plenty of scope to develop your skills and career.
The global capabilities marketing team works right across our firm, generating content that is designed to resonate with senior business leaders. From ideation to publication, we take the firm's best ideas, advice, stories, and breakthroughs generated through our advisory work, and showcase them to the world. This role will be closely aligned to our Digital and Organizational Effectiveness practices in the Americas region, but will also be occasionally partnering with Restructuring, Operations, and Pricing, Sales, and Marketing, or collaborating on ad-hoc cross-regional projects.
IC development, writing/editing in a fast-paced and newsroom-oriented group
Skills and experience you'll bring:
- You'll be working closely with practice marketing managers and the business to develop a steady stream of newsworthy and influential content, such as articles, blogs, interviews, video scripts, client stories, and web content.
- The role involves close collaboration with marketing managers to define which content topics are interesting, relevant, and support our business objectives.
- You'll be working closely with Oliver Wyman's senior editorial team to identify niche topics and write content that can be placed in top-tier publications, as well as help shape content excellence and elevate our brand.
- You'll contribute ideas to generate highly differentiated interactive and visual content that travels well on digital platforms, including social media, therefore having a creative, innovative flair will be very welcome.
- You'll be a style and editorial expert, offering tips and advice on content across the team, and advising the business on how to ideate, structure, fact check, and write market-leading content.
This job has expired.
- Degree in Journalism, English, or comparable field that involves developing content from ideas.
- Minimum of 7 to 10 years professional business writing/editing/proofreading experience; Advantage for visual storytelling experience.
- Our content is aimed at senior business leaders across a variety of industry sectors, therefore you need to have experience in B2B content development, often taking an abstract or complex ideas and turning these into engaging content suitable for this audience.
- Ideally you enjoy staying on top of interesting issues shaping the corporate world and will have written articles or points-of-view about some of the following topics: Leadership, culture, digital, technology, operations, cyber, data, or organizational effectiveness (or comparable).
- Ability to juggle multiple assignments at different stages - we work off tight deadlines, but it's very rewarding to see our work out there! We are a close-knit, supportive, and roll-up-your-sleeves type of environment.
- We work in a global, highly matrixed business, therefore clear communication skills, and an ability to be a trusted business partner are essential.