Oliver Wyman is a global leader in management consulting. With offices in 50+ cities across 26 countries, Oliver Wyman combines deep industry knowledge with specialized expertise in strategy, operations, risk management, and organization transformation. Our 4700+ professionals help clients optimize their business, improve their operations and risk profile, and accelerate their organizational performance to seize the most attractive opportunities. Oliver Wyman's thought leadership is evident in our agenda-setting books, white papers, research reports, and articles in the business press. Our clients are the CEOs and executive teams of the top Global 1000 companies.
Visit our website for more details about Oliver Wyman: www.oliverwyman.com
Oliver Wyman is seeking a Talent Manager to manage a population of early-tenured consultants (between 0-4 years of experience.) This role will be responsible for their scheduling and performance management, and for personally engaging with all consultants in your group to know and understand their strengths, development objectives, personal preferences and career goals. You will also interact with Partners and Talent Managers in other parts of the business to assemble consulting teams and to remediate any issues.
The successful Talent Manager will be able to proactively, delicately and empathetically balance the needs of the business alongside the preferences, career goals and development needs of the consultant to deliver appropriate staffing and talent management outcomes. You will work in a tight knit team against demanding timelines to help deliver Oliver Wyman's business model.
- Ownership of the project staffing for your consultant population (~60 consultants, in various offices in NA)
- Track your consultant's performance, skills and development needs to help guide their growth and progression within OW
- Assist your consultants with any employee relations issues or general Human Capital questions
- Coordinate with the Learning and Development team on appropriate training for your consultants
- Ensure consultant files (bio slides, project reviews, technical skills, etc) are kept current and readily available for project proposals
- Understand the performance management framework and competency model and how it applies to own consultant's situations
- Participate in monthly meetings to discuss consultant performance and highlight any situations that require additional follow up
- Support the Regional TM Lead in running the semi-annual performance management process; including the analysis of performance outcome results
- ~10% travel expected (For in person meetings with consultants not based in your home office)
- Help to ensure all projects are staffed via our weekly staffing process (working across the TM community) by understanding the pipeline and what specific skills are needed for each request
- Coordinate and interact daily with the TM team to provide "best fit" solutions on projects
- Help to make tough staffing decisions across the Practice Groups and ensure we are meeting client needs
- When consultants are available; manage all non-billable requests to effectively utilize their time
Skills and Attributes:
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience
- 3-5 years of relevant professional experience in a fast-paced and dynamic client services business environment
- Management consulting and/or Human Resources experience preferred
This job has expired.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and comfort in having conversations with a variety of stakeholders (Partners-Consultants) as well as projecting confidence in the message that you are delivering
- Strong Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint skills; as well as an ability to learn new tools and become a super-user of the systems/databases utilized by the TM team
- A strong attention to detail and high level of accuracy as you may be asked to juggle several tasks at once; as well as the ability to organize, prioritize and manage own time effectively to meet deadlines
- Ability to work with confidential data